“Great Peruvian Food, worth the drive from Raleigh”
Review of Lucky Chicken

Lucky Chicken
Ranked #25 of 97 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Latin, Mexican, Peruvian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed December 2, 2013

As a former Miamian, I am very picky when it comes to eating Hispanic food. To be honest I, until I stumbled across the Lucky Chicken I had not found anywhere in the Triangle area that serves authentic food other than Mexican. The menu had a great selection, the service was outstanding and all the meals we ordered (4 of us) where fantastic. I would highly recommend the drive from anywhere in the Triangle region.

Reviewed November 17, 2013 via mobile

We didn't receive much of a greeting as we entered. The restaurant was empty and we were served by a waitress who spoke no English. She didn't understand when I asked for a diet coke and when I asked for the bill. The food was good, but not on par with Macchu Picchu in Raleigh. The poor service really spoiled the meal and we felt unwelcome with our toddler, even though we were the only customers. Prices were also a little steep for lunch. This restaurant needs improvement if it is going to survive.

Reviewed September 29, 2013 via mobile

The Peruvian chicken was perfectly cooked and very flavorful. Specialty Peruvian soft drinks and appetizers are worth a try. French frys were a bit soggy and not up to par.

The restaurant is clean and attractive. Service is friendly but spotty.

We will eat there again

Reviewed August 16, 2013

We stopped in on a Friday night and had some of the best chicken we've ever had. It was moist and flavorful. The onl problem was the entertainment. The DJ kept singing and the music was too loud. We were the last people in the restaurant and it made us uncomfortable. We tried to go back a few weeks ago and heard the guy singing from outside on the road- we decided to eat elsewhere, which is bad because the chicken was soooo good.

1  Thank gaylancsu
Reviewed July 29, 2013

I had never been to a Peruvian restaurant before but this place was unbelievable. First of all the prices are very reasonable.

The rotiesserie chicken is great. Also recommend their most popular beef dish that is also the most liked by folks from Peru.

The service is good and the restaurants decot is also quite nice.

Been to Lucky Chicken? Share your experiences!