“Best chicken I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Lucky Chicken

Lucky Chicken
Ranked #47 of 90 Restaurants in Clayton
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Chapel Hill, NC
“Best chicken I have ever had”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2011

I have never had Peruvian food before - and the huge menu at this place makes me wonder what I have been missing. I have no idea what made anyone think a Peruvian restaurant belonged in Clayton, NC, but this place is absolutely worth the drive from the Triangle area - even if solely just to eat here.

The atmosphere is nice - smallish place, some booths, some tables - nothing fancy. It is right in what qualifies as downtown in Clayton, which is a clean, nice little town. It's the food that sets this place apart.

I ordered the half chicken specialty. The other reviewer on here who stated it was amazing how the flavor made it all the way to the bone, opposite of a traditional grocery store-bought rotisserie, was spot on. This was the best chicken on a bone I have ever had. It was just amazing. My wife got their most popular beef dish - and it was also fantastic. I think my only 'complaint' about this place is, the next time I go I am not going to want to try any more of their extensive menu because I will be dreaming of that chicken the whole time.

Go here!

• Visited October 2011
1 Thank jahausa

NC
“Needs real improvement”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2011

As someone who regularly " dines out", I realize that one poor performance by a restaurant can hardly be used as a real measure of the place . However after my third visit over a period of 6 weeks one can see that Lucky Chicken has some real issues that would keep me from returning. Lucky Chicken is a small family run affair that has a hard time delivering both consistent food quality from its kitchen and rarely has enough wait staff. On a recent Friday night, almost all the tables were full and only one server. The menu is quite large for such a small place and the kitchen seems to struggle with even its signature Peruvian chicken dishes. Dinner for two with a beer will run about $38 not bad but also not a good value when the food quality and service is so mediocre. This is a nice place with very nice folks running it. Here's hoping it improves....soon.

• Visited August 2011
2 Thank shane n
Clayton, NC
“Best Puruvian restaurant in Clayton!...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 27, 2011

OK, it's the only Peruvian restaurant in Clayton. They've recently moved into a larger & nicer place just down the street. You've got to try their chicken, very juicy with excellent taste. The special tonite was red snapper. This is the whole fish; lots of work but Excellent. They were short of wait staff due to hurricane Irene, but all things considered, service was OK.

2 Thank amxpress
“Worth every mile :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2011

Today I drove all they way to Clayton to the Lucky chicken Peruvian restaurant it took me at least 1:20 minutes but was all worthy, all the great reviews were true, the food was fantastic I had a Fresh and delicious Ceviche, and Yucas ala Huancaina my daughter and her little friend loved pollo a la brasa the inca cola and The original Donofrio's icecreams , I took home some Arroz con Mariscos and more Pollo ala brasa for the hubby and now I'm back stuffed and happy, I'll be going back pretty soon there is so many dishes I haven tried and I'm looking foward.... Excellent service and food to die for!!!!

Clayton, North Carolina
“Lucky Chicken Awesome!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 16, 2011

I try to eat at this place once a week, I'm not kidding! There chicken is simply awesome. You know how you get a rotisserie chicken from the store and the skin has tons of flavor but once passed that it taste like plain chicken? Not here, flavor to the bone.
I eat lunch with My barber once a week and we always go here . Lately we have been getting Lomo a lo Pobre. If you want to try something new, try this! It is delicious! I'm a big guy also who likes to eat and this meal is more than enough. They don't slack off on the amount of food they give you.

The place is kinda small so if your going to have a large group come in call in advance .I go at different times and I never have to wait for a seat, a lot of people get take out as well. I was told they are looking at moving to a larger place because there getting more people in everyday.

All in all they keep making food that taste like this I'll keep going back.

• Visited April 2011