“Place starting to go down hill.”

Kobe japanese house of steak clayton nc
Ranked #61 of 93 Restaurants in Clayton
Cuisines: Japanese
Clayton, North Carolina
“Place starting to go down hill.”
Reviewed May 28, 2013

There was only one other time I have complained about how food is prepared and that was at the Zaxby's across the highway from this place in my town. This was a normal hangout for my wife and I. We decided to eat here for lunch today. My wife ordered the Hibachi Shrimp, I ordered the Hibachi Salmon(I must preface what I'm about to say by mentioning that we sat in the dining room and not at the grill, that may have made a difference in the timing and quality of my food). Our server had taken our order at the same time, but only my wife's order arrived in a timely manner. She was well into eating her food when we noticed that the server ask the cook if thy were done making the Salmon. "What salmon" was the response from the line cook to the server( we overheard the conversation as we were the last two customers dining for lunch before they take their midday break). So after about approx 15 minutes my salmon arrives. At first it was okay, I know what to expect from this dish because I have ordered it before. But as I was eating the Fish I noticed that it was not fully cooked(I loaded a picture of it for you to see). I call the server over, and I show her that the salmon is undercooked. Her first response was a look of confusion and indecision. Then she said okay I guess I'll take your plate to the cook so he could see. But she didn't take it to the cook, she took my plate to the office so the manager could see(Strange). But she returns with my plate and a proposal from the manager(you'll love this answer). The server as instructed, proposed that she take the undercooked portion back to the kitchen so it could be placed back on the grill so it can finished grilling until done. I thought to myself WTF(Who takes half eaten food and places it back on the grill or admit that they do? CAN YOU SAY UNSANITARY!) I quietly told the server thanks but no thanks. I sat there and waited until she finished her lunch( her food was prepared well she says by the way). While waiting for the bill I was at least expecting a manager to come by my table to at least apologize and offer to take my meal off of the bill. No manager, no apology(especially for a regular customer, I mean former regular customer) no removal of my undercooked partially eaten fish. I tell the cashier/ asst mgr. what had transpired and she responds by asking me, "how much of the fish was undercooked"? "Well you know it takes longer for the salmon to thaw out and cook" At that point, I said don't worry about it. I paid and left. I don't think I will return to KOBE.

• Visited May 2013

Wendell, North Carolina
“Service sucks and the food is average at best”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

My nephew chose hibachi for his birthday dinner so his parents decided on Kobe because it is close to their house. I've had been here twice before, and was not willing to go back. But for the family I did. The service still stinks. They sat us at a table that did not light, so the majority of us had to wait for them to light it and it get to temperature. Those who didn't order hibachi got there food early and had to eat before it got cold. Once they turned on the fan above the grill we could hear nothing but the squeal of it, was headache inducing. The food was prepared and everything was overcooked and over soy sauced. There are much better ways to waste 20 - 40 dollars and almost two hours of my time. Spare yourself the less than pleasing experience and go to Kaze in Garner or Kanki in Raleigh.

• Visited March 2013