“Riverwood can be very Challenging”

Riverwood Golf Course
Ranked #8 of 16 things to do in Clayton
Reviewed November 25, 2013

I live at the Riverwood Golf Course and play here regularly. The course can be a bit of a challenge and will take a bit of time to learn where to hit your ball. I still enjoy playing at Riverwood and find it to be one of the best courses in the area.

Thank Gary .

Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I always like playing RW but end up having repeated bad customer service. My recent run in, I went in for range balls and was told the range was closed. However there was 12 people on the range, I asked why and was told they ran out of balls. I asked would it be open once they picked balls and the answer was no. He said the range is closed until tomorrow. When they run out they run out. The new greens are better than they were so that is a plus. I enjoy playing the Neuse and river ridge better

3  Thank Dmbry41
Reviewed August 15, 2013

We played this course (Riverview & Meadowlands) on August 14, 2013 and it is a very nice layout. They have 27 holes. The course was very interesting as no two holes seemed the same. The only reason I didn't give it another star was that the greens had been aerated as well as the tee boxes but not to where we could not putt on them. I'm guessing in another week they should be back to normal. I will definitely be back to play again. The Riverview course offers a lot of views of the Neuse river. We used a friend's Groupon or Living Social coupon so am not sure what the green fees would have been.

Reviewed July 29, 2013

If this is the first time playing RWG then I would recommend finding a playing partner that has played the course. Some of the course can be challenging at times and it does help to have some one who has played the course before. RWG offers a challenging holes and can be forgiving on some of the course.

If you are not a member I would recommend joining Fred Smith offers 5 courses that offer different degrees of challenges.

1  Thank Gary .
Reviewed July 29, 2013

Riverwood is a well maintained course and provides a fun and challenging golf experience for all levels of play. The greens are undulating and fast, which makes for an exciting game. The course is set next to the Neuse River while including rolling hills which provides a scenic view. Each hole is different - we enjoy the challenge and beauty of the course.

Enjoy!!