“Great variety”

Porky's BBQ
Ranked #14 of 21 Restaurants in China Grove
Cuisines: Barbecue
Reviewed September 6, 2012

The food is outstanding. Not in the mood for BBQ? My favorites are the flounder sandwich, cheeseburgers and spaghetti. Don't skip the hushpuppies...yummy.

Reviewed July 29, 2012

When traveling through the Carolinas, we always look for little out-of-the-way BBQ joints to get some local ribs or pulled pork. In that kind of category, this place is one of the very best! It is a little bigger than the average BBQ shack, but the quality is fantastic. I had ribs, and my wife had the pulled pork. We each tasted the other's dish and agreed that we MUST make this a regular stop when we are in this neck of the woods. The service is "Hi y'all" super friendly. The prices are a bargain. We liked it so much that I just had to have a "Porky's" T-shirt. Now I am a regular ambassador for this special tarheel eatery.

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Hash browns tasted like cardboard. Sent them back twice but there was no change.

1  Thank gsnana
Reviewed November 3, 2011

We are dedicated rib lovers and I could not eat these. They were extremely fatty and greasy. No point in commenting any further...

1  Thank Treehouse-2000
Reviewed June 8, 2011

Stopped here to eat after Gary's BBQ nearby was too crowded. Great decision! Food was excellent, with more to choose from than Gary's, BBQ & slaw were just as good, and portions were huge.
Only downside was that they were having A/C issues, and it was a little warm. Our waitress offered to move us, and provided excellent service. We'll be stopping by Porky's again.

1  Thank LH704