“Awesome”

Stag & Doe Restaurant and Tavern
Ranked #4 of 21 Restaurants in China Grove
Cuisines: Pizza
Reviewed December 6, 2012

Who would think to order fish at a Pizza House??? If you like fried flounder you will be sorry if you don't. Best fried flounder I have eaten off the Gulf Coast. You leave this place full. Lasanga is awesome also.COLD beer is a plus also

Reviewed December 1, 2012

I have been frequenting this restaurant for many years now. I have read some of the other reviews from people and have come to the determination that they should have ordered the lasagna...I honestly don't even order this anywhere else anymore because every place falls short. Yes, this is a family run restaurant that has been around for a while. It is a little dark and maybe "sketchy" looking to anyone not from the area...But then again, don't most fabulous local restaurants kind of fit that description? Also, some people complain that the salad is lacking (and no, it is not fancy) but what they fail to mention is that with some menu items (including the lasagna) you not only get the salad, but also a cup of soup included.

Reviewed November 13, 2012

Food was o.k. Overpriced for what you get. I could have eaten at a more upscale restaurant for the money we paid. The salad consisted of lettuce, 1 slice of cucumber, an onion ring and 2 pieces of tomato in a very small bowl. Felt very confined as the ceiling is very low. Everything felt sticky.

Reviewed July 22, 2012 via mobile

After hearing about the merits of this place from my fiances grandparents who used to frequent here in their younger days, we decided to go here with our neighbors and their three year old son for dinner on a Saturday night. I had heard that if you didn't get here early you'd be waiting. Well the parking looked packed but we waited for all but five minutes for a table for five. The host was very pleasant and our waitress came to take our drink orders quickly. My neighbor and I ordered the pork chop special with cajun shrimp and a baked potato for $13.95. The pork chop was cooked to perfection, not too dry and excellent carring and the shrimp had a nice flavor and had the tails removed (which is a pet peeve of mine when they're left on). Our wives ordered two Italian dishes in their homemade lasagna and spaghetti with a mushroom meatsauce. Everyone enjoyed their meals and the draft beer was cold in frosty mugs. It looked like the interior had some remodeling to go with the old interior to leave the place looking nostalgic but not dated.

Reviewed July 16, 2012

We normally eat in the bar area.. The waitress IS UNREAL GREAT!! Always very fast service but attentive. The Food is mouth watering....Now see I want to go! They have the best Steaks. mmmmmmGo give it a try!

2  Thank Melissa P