“My stay here was simple amazing!”

River House at Chimney Rock
Ranked #1 of 5 Chimney Rock B&B and Inns
Reviewed November 9, 2012

The staff made our stay feel like we were with friends at their home for the weekend. The breakfast was great every morning and I really enjoyed drinking my early morning coffee overlooking the river from a rocking chair on the deck. You will not find a place more relaxing and welcoming then the River House!

• Stayed: September 2012
1  Thank Luke5817
Rondi J, Owner at River House at Chimney Rock, responded to this reviewResponded June 7, 2013

Thank you, Luke for saying you felt like friends staying in our home for the weekend! By the time you both left, we felt like you were new friends, too, and it was a pleasure having you stay with us! Hope to see you both again soon! Rondi

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We had such a wonderful time at River House at Chimney Rock this summer. Such a charming place and the hostess was so gracious and attentive to our every need. I felt so at home and loved and so cared for. We will be sure and visit again when we are in the area and I highly reccommend it to everyone.

Room Tip: All rooms were charmingly decorated and had great views of the river,
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed November 6, 2012

As a returning visitor of the River House and the River Runs through it room . I must say the below review is outrageous and rude. The Owners and all employees are some of the most caring , sweet and professional people I have met on the road. I can say this due to the fact that every single week I am on a plane and staying in hotels REGULARLY.

The River House is a cozy , clean, and relaxing spot in the heart of some of the most beautiful mountains and relaxing river/ lake. As for being next to a miniature golf course .. yes it is... Never did I hear noise from the golf course but actually was able to create some awesome memories with my mother there. The best spot to just get away from the hustle and bustle of life.

As for the hospitality. The River House was made aware on one of my return trips that I was coming back for a special day ( My birthday), Upon check in there were balloons in my room and later in my stay for the ENTIRELY PACKED HOUSE and ALL GUESTS there was cupcakes and birthday cake! YOU TELL ME WHAT FULL SERVICE MARRIOTT OR FIVE STAR RESORT DOES THAT?( WITHOUT SPENDING AN ARM AND A LEG FOR A BOTTLE OF WINE AND SOME CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES!?!?!?)

I would without a doubt recommend the River House at Chimney Rock to anyone!

Room Tip: River Runs Through it room! Love it!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed November 5, 2012

When you look at the River house picture, you would believe this is a quite bed and breakfast alongside a river... A river there is on one side, but there is also a busy street on the other. The room was ok, but fairly dark. The patio would have been nice but, because there is a mini golf right next to it, we were unable to use it. What I would normally expect from a bed and breakfast is an owner who would be there to welcome you and help answering questions about the area. We were introduced to our room by a mere employee. The next morning at breakfast, there was just a cook and her daughter. The breakfast was cheap. A little bit better than a free breakfast at a regular motel, nothing more. Overall, this was a pretty disappointing stay. Better than a motel experience, but not worth the cost.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
7  Thank Solange G
Reviewed November 1, 2012

My husband and I are from Florida and had never been to Chimney Rock before. We were delighted the River House was right in the very best part of Chimney Rock on the river and walking distance to the restaurants and shops. We felt right at home in this ecclectic and cozy bed and breakfast. We chose to stay in one of the bedrooms upstairs where we slept like babies to the sound of the river. We awoke to a homemade breakfast by Mandy, who talked with us about things to do in Chimney Rock and nearby communities while providing us with a hearty breakfast. We loved the homemade cinnamon rolls! River House seems to attract a certain crowd, because we met some of the most intersting and wonderful people there during our 5 night stay. We had great recommendations from Mandy and the owner on fun hikes to take and different sights to see while we went to the nearby towns of Asheville, Black Mountain, Brevard and Hendersonville. We can't wait to go back to River House and the respite it offers.

Room Tip: Rooms on the river are best for the view and for sleeping to the sound of the rushing water.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Rondi J, Owner at River House at Chimney Rock, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you so much for the wonderful review. We are so happy you stayed with us and enjoyed your room and the location in Chimney Rock Village. We hope you will visit again soon and we will give you some more suggestions of places to hike and things to do!! We are so happy when a guest loves Chimney Rock as much as we do!! Come again!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

This is a nice B&B nestled next to the river. My room was on the back side, downstairs, next to the river, and I left my window cracked all night so that I could hear the sound of the river outside my room. I had a wonderful night sleep. The next morning I woke up early and walked along the river-walk up behind the shops of Chimney Rock, found a hot cup of coffee, then explored the windows of all of the shops before they were even open, and returned for a delicious breakfast with this innkeeper. This is a little gem of a B&B and I will be back. Every year I drive through this area, and this will be a regular part of my schedule each year.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side of the inn so that you can see and hear the river.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Rondi J, Owner at River House at Chimney Rock, responded to this reviewResponded November 16, 2012

Thank you so much for such a wonderful review! When guests publish a review, they have no idea what it means to us and to our staff who monitor this site. The two young women who work for us read these reviews ( as do our family ) and take each and every comment to heart. When a guest is kind enough to recognize their efforts and how much we all care that you have a fabulous stay in our little village of Chimney Rock, it makes their entire week and they are just thrilled. Thank you for posting this review and please remember to ask for our "Repeat Guest Discount" when you come visit us again! It has been our pleasure to have you stay with us and we hope to see you back real soon!

Reviewed November 1, 2012

I went to the River House at Chimney Rock for a weekend getaway! And it was FABULOUS. Mandy and Rondi over at River House are so good at what they do and will go above and beyond to get anything done for you. The staff is extremely knowledgable about the local area and all that there is to offer. The house itself is idyllic and extremely unique. The history in this town and in this house is incredible. This is the area where Dirty Dancing AND The Last of the Mohicans were filmed. The River House has something to offer for everyone. There is the Chimney Rock State Park for hiking and trails, there's Lake Lure right down the road, there's antique shops all around, Asheville is only a thirty minute drive. Or if you just want a relaxing weekend, there's all sorts of books and DVDs in the living room that you can borrow. The other amazing feature about the River House is the breakfast aspect. Breakfast was delicious! There is nothing better than a good, home cooked, southern meal. Mandy, the manager, is an amazing cook and my breakfast throughout my trip was excellent! All in all, the River House was a great experience and I would recommend it to anyone. Friends of ours have gone also and fallen in love. I can't wait till I get to go back!

Room Tip: All the rooms are BEAUTIFUL but the river rooms are especially unique since they're right on the...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family

Thank you so much for taking the time to write such a glowing review! We appreciate being appreciated so much!! :) We are thrilled when folks from our hometown in Florida come to the mountains and enjoy the River House so much!! We love our setting, the wonderful town of Chimney Rock, being so close to Lake Lure, and everything the area has to offer and are so thrilled when someone has a wonderful stay and takes the time to post their appreciation. Thank you so much posting something nice which means so much to our family and our staff!! Come stay again soon!!

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chimney Rock
The Esmeralda Inn
The Esmeralda Inn
#1 of 4 in Chimney Rock
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure

Been to River House at Chimney Rock? Share your experiences!