“Nice Breakfast, Wonderful View”
Review of Genny's Restaurant

Genny's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 15 Restaurants in Chimney Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The water had been unexpectedly shut off in the community of Lake Lure where we had spent the night , so on a chilly Wednesday morning, we ventured into Chimney Rock hoping that the restaurants there would have water and be open for business. We saw that Genny's was indeed open, so, craving coffee, we decided to give it a try.

The greeter asked us if we wanted to sit indoors on or the deck by the river. Despite the chill, we opted for the outdoor seating. The view was amazing. I had done no research on the restaurants in Chimney Rock because we had planned to breakfast in Lake Lure before continuing on our adventures, so I was surprised and pleased to be able to wrap my hads around a steaming mug of coffee while enjoying the sights and sounds of the river.

I ordered an egg biscuit which was OK, nothing special. My husband ordered scrambled eggs, crispy bacon, and biscuits. He rated his meal as very good and was quite pleased that the bacon actually came out crispy.

The service was friendlly and prompt. I am glad that we had the opportunity to breakfast at Genny's.

Reviewed October 26, 2013

After visiting Chimney Rock, we decided on an impulse to have lunch at Genny's Restaurant. The food was delicious and the service was excellent. Lunch on the deck beside a river was the best part of lunch. The sound of the rushing water from the mountains was a tremendous experience.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

Wish we could have eaten there more than once. Really enjoyed our breakfast. We also noticed the lack of help, only one server and one cook, but we were not in a rush so it wasn't a problem.

Reviewed October 18, 2013

We arrived for breakfast around 9:30, and were seated in less than 5 minutes. The table we sat had been wiped off, however there was a glass of water left on the table from the previous seated party. We ordered the usual coffee and had to get up to get our second cup to serve ourselves. The coffee was very weak and the only flavor I could taste was the cream and sugar I put into the cup. After a 45 minute wait to get our omelets, there was no way that those omelets had 3 eggs each as described on the menu.....unless pigeon eggs were used. When the waitress finally did return to refill the coffee, she touched the rim of the carafe to the coffee cup lip. I had to ask for a new cup with fresh coffee. The food was not hot. The margarine I placed on the grits and the biscuit would not melt. At this point we were starving and just ate and left. If you have a choice to eat elsewhere, I suggest you do so.
There are an array of products for sale in the restaurant, such as honey, apple butter, and other products that have been canned. When asked if they have any of the products to sample, the answer was no. Perhaps the apple butter would have been tasty enough to encourage me to buy a jar, but who knows. The food was cold, the service person was nice but lacked expertise in service etiquette. True hillbilly dining.

1  Thank pattyinsc
Reviewed October 15, 2013

The food was ok, the river view was great. Our server seemed to be working completely by herself and she was very busy....she really needed help on this busy weekend. A large family group kinda crowded up out so we finished up quickly and headed off.