“Greatest Food in Chimney Rock”
Review of Genny's Restaurant

Genny's Restaurant
Ranked #8 of 14 Restaurants in Chimney Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband & I visit Chimney Rock several times a years and Genny's is always a planned dining stop. We love the food, staff, atmosphere, and view equally. We got into town late & Genny's stayed opened for almost another hour just so we could enjoy our dinner since every other place was closed. The owner is such a sweet & kind man. I can't say enough about this place. IT'S PHENOMENAL & AWESOME! You won't be disappointed .

Reviewed August 22, 2012

We gave it another try and did they fail big time! They let us out on the deck this time but who could sit at those filthy sticky tables! Those table cloths were so old the plastic was sticky. It was not sticky from food but from old age! The filth on the door by the handle was so thick you could scrap it with a putty knife, I guess these people have never heard of bleach and a scrub brush talk about gross! My shoes stuck to the floor as we walked through the place, it made my stomach turn. We did not order any food for fear of illness, however the coffee was bitter and they don't know the difference between diet and regular coke when you order so if you are diabetic be careful they will get it wrong and then argue and tell you it's the co2 that's off, then bring you the right one! If you try this place remember your sanitizer you'll need it!

2  Thank jetty5253
Reviewed August 10, 2012

maybe a good place for breakfast, but i would skip it for dinner. service was really slow. took over 20 minutes after placing the order to receive it. food was mediocre at best. waitresses kept the glasses full, but that's about the only good thing i can say about it.

1  Thank NAPALM53
Reviewed August 9, 2012

Down home local restaurant with charm.
Had French Toast, and Pancakes, both very good.
Sit on back deck overlooking River.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We loved stopping here for breakfast. We were actually just driving home from our honeymoon and couldn't make it back to Nashville, TN. So we stayed the night down the road, and found this place for breakfast. It was a great experience so I wanted to make sure I gave them a review. My only recommendation is, that you don't eat too much before you go hike to the top of Chimney Rock. :) I was a little sluggish because I had to make sure I finished my plate, and then my wifes!