“Welcome to the club”

Old Rock Cafe
Ranked #3 of 14 Restaurants in Chimney Rock
Cuisines: American, Diner
Dining options: Breakfast, Outdoor Seating
Description: Start the day off right with one of our signature biscuits, which are named after the places folks love to visit in the region. Whether you want a Bearwallow Bacon, Egg and Cheese Biscuit or a savory Florence Preserve Biscuits, we have something for you every Saturday and Sunday. During lunch, enjoy a local grassfed burger, grilled sandwiches, salads and fresh baked fruit cobblers at this down-to-earth diner located at the entrance to Chimney Rock State Park. Relax outdoors on the riverside deck with a great view of Chimney Rock and the Rocky Broad River rushing by. Try one of the local craft brews or sip on a glass of wine. Check out the memorabilia of the "Rock" covering the walls for a glimpse of what life was like here over the past 100 years.
Reviewed January 27, 2014

We were looking for a quick bite to eat while shopping in Chimney Rock NC when we had the good fortune to go into the Old Rock Café. Nothing fancy,that's for sure. We ordered at the window, got our own drinks and sat ourselves. This was a small sacrifice for what turned out to be the best club sandwich my wife and have ever had. Kim, the young lady who brought us our order was one of the nicest and most helpful persons that we encountered on this trip. She answered all of our questions regarding the area and gave us several maps. To sum it all up the club was great, the price right and the personnel wonderful.

1  Thank camper50

Reviewed January 2, 2014

I read online how good their hamburgers were so I decided to deck it out with cheese and bacon. One of the worst $10 burgers I've ever had. I was hoping for a nice hand made patty, but instead got what appeared to be a pressed patty. The taste just wasn't there either. I only ate about half of the burger.

My wife had the turkey sandwich which she enjoyed. The parmesan herb crusted chips were pretty good.

The wait staff was very nice and the scenery is fantastic. Lots of great info on Chimney Rock on the menu and in the restaurant.

I would give a "poor" for my meal with a "good" for the wife. My "poor" wins out on this revue.

1  Thank Adam949
ChimneyRockPark, Public Relations Manager at Old Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 3, 2014

Dear Adam949,
I'm sorry that our hamburger didn't meet your expectations on your recent visit. It's one of our staples on the menu, so we want to hear if something is wrong with how it's been prepared that day. Please tell us next time at the restaurant if you are not completely satisfied with your food for whatever reason, and we will fix the problem and get you something more to your liking. Thank you for your feedback, and we're glad to hear your wife enjoyed her meal.
Old Rock Manager

Reviewed January 1, 2014

We enjoyed our lunch after visiting Chimney Rock. Diverse, very good menu with something for everyone, even vegetarians. If you're going to Chimney Rock, you get at 15% discount, so bring your receipt!

1  Thank SweetPea7149
Reviewed December 29, 2013

The general manager Talia does a fabulous job running this restaurant! The staff provided excellent customer service. The food was a good value and we enjoyed it very much. The restaurant has a lot of pictures and memorabilia on the walls about the past of Chimney Rock Park. There is a beautiful covered and uncovered double level deck on the back. There are views of the river and there is direct access to the river and a river walk... It is in a great location with parking in front as well as access to a pay parking lot across the street. My family and I really enjoyed our experience and look forward to stopping in anytime we are in the area. There is even a little souvenir shop inside to browse.

2  Thank gladacya
ChimneyRockPark, Public Relations Manager at Old Rock Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded January 1, 2014

Dear gladacya,
We're glad to hear that our food quality, value and customer service meet your every expectation! Bring the family anytime for a great meal! We'll greet you warmly at the door.
Old Rock staff

Reviewed December 19, 2013

We have stopped here a few times while attending chimney rock park over the years. Always good service and always good food. Best on the strip of you ask me!!

2  Thank jennifertX3551EZ