“Amazing!”

The Esmeralda Restaurant
Ranked #6 of 14 Restaurants in Chimney Rock
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Known as one of the best Chimney Rock restaurants, The Esmeralda Restaurant is the perfect place to dine during your stay with us at the Inn. Our menus reflect our exceptional attention to detail through carefully crafted dishes and combinations. We take pride in providing our guests with the very best service, ingredients, and overall atmosphere as they dine in our Chimney Rock restaurant.
Reviewed November 11, 2012

Wonderful, creative, and original entrees! Wish it was closer to our home so we could enjoy it often but we'll just have to look forward to our next trip to the area. You won't regret going!

There are newer reviews for The Esmeralda Restaurant

Reviewed November 5, 2012

I had a disappointing diner the other night at the Esmeralda restaurant. I was expecting a quality meal that would have been the echo of the nice lobby of the hotel and the nice surroundings. I ended up with quite a hefty bill and no real quality on the plate. There was of course some theater involved in the experience. Nice sounding dishes on the menu, nice colors on the plate, live (and too loud) music. But unfortunately for travelers in search of a nice culinary experience, food also has to be tasted. My appetizer was accompanied by some kind of an irrelevant and horribly spicy sauce that was supposed to enhance its flavor but completed annihilated it. My main course was not bad, but so very salty, it belonged more on the banks of the Dead Sea than in the mountains of North Carolina.

3  Thank Solange G
theesmeralda123, General Manager at The Esmeralda Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded November 6, 2012

Thank you for taking time to write a review. We get so many great reviews for the Restaurant, it's unusual to get one so negative. I hope you expressed your dissatisfaction at the time of service so we could remedy the situation. Guests who say nothing, then leave negative reviews give us no chance to solve a problem that is clearly fixable. Everyone's tastes are different and a spicy dish is not always to everyone's liking. I'm sorry you were disappointed.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Nice view but the food was just ok. We sat outside and that was novel. The food was not bad at all, but nothing really impressive. Decent.

2  Thank BeachNumberNine

Thank you for your review. We realize that we can't always accommodate everyone's tastes. We get so many great reviews regarding the Restaurant that I always wonder what exactly went wrong with a meal that gets a negative review? If we don't know there's a problem at the time, we can't fix it.

I hope you will try us again in the future.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

Delicious and well thought out. While waiting for dinner we received a sample of the chef's creation which was really good.
One of the better places to eat if you are looking for quality.

Reviewed November 3, 2012

My wife and I have had several meals here over the past month. Service was great. Food was excellent. The owners are GREAT. We come from an area with many fine dining options (Charleston, SC) and the Esmerelda is on par with the best of them.