“Eat Hearty”

Ranked #1 of 14 Restaurants in Chimney Rock
Cuisines: American, Italian
Good for: Local cuisine, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Description: A full service casual gourmet dining experience for everyone. We cater to individual needs on a daily basis. Call ahead takeout
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Stopped in to pick up a couple of cinnamon rolls as we were advised to do by a local. While talking to the counter person, I saw they had a red pepper bisque. Not having had it before, I tried a cup. Do yourself a favor and try it, too. You will thank me.
We saw the menu for that night and after driving around, decide to stop back in there for dinner. Now, this place doesn't look like much and it only seats about thirty or forty people, but the chef takes great pride in his creations. They apparently only serve what they can get fresh, and John knows how to season his meals to maximize the taste without overpowering the palate. I had a "10 ounce boneless pork chop" according to the menu, but I would swear it was almost a pound of meat. My wife requested the whitefish, and was equally pleased. We were asked if we wanted any desert, but we had to decline: there was just no room left!
We will be back in that area again this fall. Medina's Bistro will be one place I will definitely be revisiting.

There are newer reviews for Medina's Village Bistro

Reviewed March 3, 2013

Service is over the top. Very refreshing!!! Stopped there for breakfast and really had a great breakfast. Coffee is excellent an the food is very high quality for the price. No disappointments at all. Will be back.

Reviewed March 2, 2013

Get the cinnamon roll and the hash! Delicious!!! Worth a drive to get here! It's amazing! The service is wonderful but the cinnamon rolls can not be beat!

Reviewed February 21, 2013

Medina's Village Bistro in Chimney Rock, NC has an ever changing menu. The owners work the restaurant and are able to make adjustments to dishes to fit the needs of their patrons. Gluten-free is not well known in the mountains of NC, but at Medina's they will make a gluten free meal upon request. You can even call ahead and they will discuss menu options with you. I recently visited and did not need a gluten free meal (that's for when 2 of my grandchildren are with me), so I enjoyed a soup and sandwich combo of amazing roasted red pepper soup and a delicious jumbo crab cake sandwich. Medina's sits across from the entrance into Chimney Rock State Park; plan to dine there when you finish climbing the rocks!

Reviewed February 14, 2013

My husband and I went there for my birthday. It was absolutely amazing. I had requested a steak when making the reservation as my husband has a very boring palate. When we arrived, that sounded good to me too. We had two of the best filet mignons I have ever eaten. They were cooked perfectly and very tender. We had the house soup (roasted red pepper Gouda bisque?) and it was so good that I asked for an extra bowl to take home for lunch the next day. I can't say enough good things. This is a small place; we counted around 50 seats, which makes it just perfect, size-wise. We will definitely visit again very soon. We definitely want to try the prime rib.