“down home friendly - great experience”
Review of Laura's House Bakery - CLOSED

Laura's House Bakery
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Lexington, South Carolina
“down home friendly - great experience”
Reviewed November 10, 2013

After an amazing morning on Chimney Rock we stopped in for lunch. Grabbed a table in front of the wall of windows - beautiful view. The food was "down-home" simple fare - just right for our mood. My juicy meatloaf sandwich & 'tater soup' were really, really good. Clearly homemade. Our niece had a huge thick burger - no frozen patties here - she loved it. The B of the BLT was about the best bacon any of us can remember- thick, lots of black pepper & was that molasses we tasted? The star, though, was the pound cake. (Save room - trust me.) We ended up buying two whole cakes to take home. Loved our server Mike (thanks for sharing the secret of the fries & for the directions to the swimming hole). We also had a lovely chat with the owner. You absolutely cannot be in a hurry here but that's a large part of the appeal.,, just sit back, relax, and remember why you came to the mountains...enjoy yourself. This is now one of our "must do" stops!

• Visited November 2013

Clinton, South Carolina
“Great place to eat...beautiful view!”
Reviewed November 3, 2013

Beautiful view, great food and great service! The meatloaf is awesome! We enjoyed the meatloaf, mashed potatoes, and green beans. Everyone in the restaurant was complimenting the wait staff on the food. I would recommend this place to everyone!

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank Gloria S
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Horrible Food!”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

The food was horrible! I ordered a $8.99 chef salad that was a bowl of lettuce and a couple slivers of tomato that was so thin I could see thru them. Last time I checked, chef salads come with meats and cheeses of some sort.Took 30 minutes to get the food and there were only about 6 tables with people seated at them. My sons ordered Philly cheese steaks, cheese was cold, hard,... could not identify the meat it was crusty and burnt! Probably sat in the back for 25 of the 30 minutes it took to bring to table. Felt SO RIPPED OFF. Spent $32.00 on CRAPPY food of some sort!! We should have left after the waiter brought out our drinks and said they had run out of straws. Had to go find waiter after he brought out my bowl of lettuce, forgot to bring dressing. Then was told they ran out of that too. POOR excuse for a restaurant. This is the 1st time I have written a restaurant review. It was that bad of a restaurant! I would not have given the restaurant 1 star rating but I could not submit without putting something in.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank jm19642013
Jacksonville, Florida
“Not so good”
Reviewed October 24, 2013

Sorry, the only thing I can recommend is the bake goods. Cakes are really, really good. We even bought a lemon cake to bring home.

• Visited October 2013
2 Thank MarleneNFrancis
Venice, Florida
“Good for Me-Bad for Him”
Reviewed October 17, 2013

I ordered the Vegie burger and loved it. My husband ordered breakfast and hated it. Some odd kind of seasoning he said that he just didn't like. I would go back and order the vegie burger again.

Visited October 2013