“Don't waste you money!”

Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Reviewed May 12, 2013

It is a great location and a beautiful view.....and that it!! The wait staff was terrible! It took forever to get our food. My son got a Philly cheese steak, 3 bites and it was gone! Wish I had read the reviews before we went. I even told the cashier when I paid how dissatisfied I was but she really did not seem to care.

3  Thank LynnR_39

Reviewed May 7, 2013

When traveling one must remember to treat one's self once i a while. What better way than in a bake shop! Remembering that we did not bring a snack for the car ride along the Blue Ridge Parkway we joyfully filled a few travel bags and went merrily on our way.

2  Thank deborah k
Reviewed May 1, 2013

My daughter and I stopped in because it is also a restaurant and is states Southern Family Restaurant. Well, I am totally Southern, and I have never eaten Southern food that tasted like that. The restaurant was beautiful and the view of Chimney Rock is amazing, but take your own food to eat. The day we were there, they were out of everything, finally I asked the waitress to tell ME what they had. "That should have been a clue" my daughter said. Nothing tasted fresh, more like canned or instant. I asked for fried chicken, but they didn't have it. When I ended up with meathloaf (that was all they had other than sandwiches), we found out why they didn't have chicken. My daughter ordered a chicken salad sandwich, and it was made from fried chicken, which she hates fried food. Then we ordered a slice of fiesta cake. The place smell amazing when you walk in, so I thought they must have good cake. I cook from scratch, and my daughter said "mom, this is just a Duncan Hines cake". Totally not what we expected.

3  Thank Karen J
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We have been to Laura's a few times and tried different foods. The breakfast combos are very large and very good - 2-eggs are more like 4. Have had all the lunch platters, and while they are different than you might find at Cracker Barrel or another chain, they are very good. Yes you do walk up stairs to an unusual setting that includes a beautiful view of the town and Chimney Rock. Don't understand the bad reviews I have seen. This place is good.

1  Thank DutchFan
Reviewed December 21, 2012

I went in to buy a cake. The choices were very limited, but the owner was friendly and suggested that we call to order in advance and they would have it ready for us next time. As other reviewers have stated, their focus is definitely on selling wholesale baked good to restaurants and retail outlets and not so much on having customers come in to eat or purchase a single cake. Did not go upstairs or order food, but I hear the view from the dining room is great. If you have strollers or have difficult with stairs, skip this place. Dining room is on the second floor and only accessible by some pretty steep stairs.

1  Thank MAFJax