“Good food & Great People”
Review of Laura's House Bakery - CLOSED

Laura's House Bakery
Cuisines: American
Good for: Large groups, Scenic view, Families with children
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Dinner, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
“Good food & Great People”
Reviewed September 13, 2012

My husband & I always eat at Laura's House when we visit Chimney Rock, which is several times a year. The staff is alway pleasant, hospitable, & friendly. Their breakfast menu is phenomenal & the portion are adequate. My husband is a stickler for always having a full glass of tea and he's glass was kept full. We'll definitely continue to eat here.

• Visited June 2012
2 Thank JenWinstead

Raeford, North Carolina, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Service terrible, food unknown.”
Reviewed September 6, 2012

Waited ten minutes to be seated, then hostess told me I could sit anywhere. A majority of the tables were empty and full of dirty dishes, not sure what we were waiting for. My wife, son, and I all ordered sandwiches thinking it would be quicker so we could get back out and sight see. After an hour wait, we just left and still hadn't received our food.

• Visited September 2012
1 Thank Chris C
Beaver, Pennsylvania
“Great views, poor service.”
Reviewed September 3, 2012

We went to this restaurant for lunch. We made sure we got a table that gave us a great view of Chimney Rock. Unfortunately, the table was sticky and appeared unclean, so we told our server about this. An older gentleman came over to clean the table, and he appeared grumpy. The server apologized. We forgave him, and I ordered the chicken salad melt, while my wife ordered the Texas toast turkey sandwich on a multigrain wrap. A few minutes later, the server came back to let my wife know that they're out of wraps, and was offered other kinds of bread. She chose the hoagie bread. It took about 40 minutes to get our food, despite the restaurant being less than half full. When my wife got the food, her sandwich was on Texas toast and not on a hoagie roll. My chicken salad melt consists of chopped breaded chicken, mayo, and stuffing under unmelted cheese. The sweet potato fries were lukewarm to cold. But the food did taste good.

I wouldn't do business with them again. You may have better luck at other places to eat. Service was subpar, and the prices weren't all that great. It was about 27 dollars for the two of us, including tip and fountain drinks.

1 Thank Russ G
Melbourne Beach, Florida
“Unfortunate lunch experience”
Reviewed August 9, 2012

We were a party of 7 (2 adults, 5 kids). The server was hurried and below average; forgot drink refills and the wait for our food was really uncalled for (at least 30 minutes), considering we were like 1 of 5 tables on a Saturday afternoon. The most complicated item was a cheeseburger. The food was only mediocre. Would not return!

• Visited July 2012
Kings Mountain, North Carolina
“Was told by the waiter, frozen chicken for Sunday 'home-cooked' lunch.”
Reviewed July 30, 2012

The restaurant had 10 people eating & had to wait 15 minutes to be seated another 15 to be waited on. Silverware was dirty, had to chase the wait staff to get a refill on tea & water. Was told the chicken was frozen by the waiter, terrible food & definitely not home made. Hostess was very talkative & friendly until we checked out & I told her how bad the food & service was, she had no comment, not even apology. Never will eat there again!! Awful!!!!

• Visited July 2012