“Perfect quick getaway!”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Chimney Rock
Dallas, Georgia, USA
“Perfect quick getaway!”
Reviewed March 28, 2014

The Esmeralda Inn is perfect! Great food in the restaurant, friendly front desk and hotel staff, EXTREMELY clean and well kept property - what more can you ask for?! This was a quick 2 night getaway for me and my wife, time to unwind, hike Chimney Rock a bit, relax and eat good food. It's a short drive to Asheville and a lodge we definitely plan to visit again during peak apple season.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
SharronFieber, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, April 4, 2014
Thank you for the great review! We are in a perfect location for that weekend getaway. Close enough to the city, but far enough to feel like you've run away from home.

We think of the Inn as home and want our guests to feel relaxed and welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed the food! Chef George and his staff do a great job. We are very fortunate to have the staff we have.

It will be apple season before you know it. See you then!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (160)
Dayton, Ohio
Reviewed March 24, 2014

The first thing you will notice is the breathtaking scenery...which is a perfect backdrop for this wonderful Inn. The Inn is warm, cozy, and quiet and the staff is very friendly. Our room was very spacious and the beds very comfortable. This place goes all out on bed linens and towels--I am looking to buy some for my home. Attention to detail is evident everywhere you look from the indoor and outdoor fireplaces to the outdoor patio with Jacuzzi, large porch with rocking chairs, pool table, air hockey, games, puzzles... . Everything you could want or need for a cozy getaway. We had breakfast in the restaurant which was excellent and plentiful--service was first-rate. Scout gets a lot of press on here but it is well-deserved. Upon check-in he made sure we had everything we needed; he is very knowledgeable about the local area, and upon seeing my pillow come in, asked me to try theirs first. I did and LOVED them--where can I get some? Our only regret was we weren't staying longer. My girls just loved this place. Thank you all for a wonderful stay!

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
SharronFieber, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, March 27, 2014
What a great review! Thank you! We think of the Inn as home and we want our guest to feel welcome and comfortable while you're with us. We have a wonderful staff. Everyone here takes pride in making every stay memorable.

The beds here are hard to beat! We get many compliments on the beds and the linens. All part of taking exceptional care of our guests! You can find the pillows, Beyond Down, online. There are several department stores that carry them.

We hope you'll come often and stay awhile!
Ithaca, New York
Reviewed March 23, 2014

If you're going to Chimney Rock, NC, you MUST stay at The Esmeralda! The food is amazing, the beds super comfortable, and the staff warm and friendly! (Especially Scout!). The common space for guests to sit and relax or play a game or do a puzzle on the second floor is a terrific idea! When we stayed, the restaurant wasn't open for breakfast, but a delicious continental breakfast with lots of variety was available to us each morning. The dinner we had one evening in the dining room was excellent with lots of variety on the menu and choices which showcased local fare. We will definitely return! THANKS to everyone at The Esmeralda for a wonderful stay. Lisa and Paul Waldrop, Ithaca, NY

Room Tip: We stayed in the Mountain
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
Thank you so much for the great review! We take pride in making guests feel at home. The amenities and the staff are all part of that feeling. We want every guest to have the experience you had!
The second floor game room gets a lot of use. I'm glad you enjoyed it. And the views not bad!

Chef George and his staff do a wonderful job for us. I think we have the best Restaurant in the Gorge, but I may be a little prejudiced.

Please plan on coming again soon!
Newton, North Carolina
Reviewed March 6, 2014

This was my first stay here as for my very first "mama only" weekend getaway, it was absolute perfect! I couldn't have picked a more beautiful, peaceful place! The Esmeralda Inn has the most beautiful views I've seen in a while. The staff is very friendly and courteous. They are very professional and eager to make your stay as enjoyable and comfortable as possible going over and beyond my expectations. The restaurant is of very high quality with exquisite taste and service. I'm going back in April for another mama retreat and I can't wait!!!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled solo
SharronFieber, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, March 8, 2014
Thank you for the lovely review! This is a great run away from home destination!
The Inn is home to us, and we love it when our guests feel the same. Our staff is the best.
It sounds like you enjoyed much of what the Inn has to offer!
Chef George and his staff do a great job for us. We get many many compliments on the food.
And the beds and amenities!
I'm glad you had a good time.

We'll look forward to seeing you again soon.
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed February 23, 2014

This was my second stay here, and I was pleased again with all aspects of my time here. Friendly staff welcoming us, and cozy yet refined interiors throughout. We love being able to have dinner on premise at their lovely restaurant as well. The food at the restaurant is creative and of high quality levels, and the service was attentive. They also have a nice wine list. Breakfast here is also worth the visit. Rooms have great amenities, and the bedding is comfy and clean. In the winter, this is a peaceful, quiet mountain escape. We will definitely return!

• Stayed February 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank Morrmarathons
SharronFieber, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, February 25, 2014
Thank you for the thoughtful review! It's always so nice to see familiar faces. We love for guests to come back again and again.
We think of the Inn as home and want our guests to feel the same. When you're here, we want you to feel welcomed. And we want you to enjoy all the Inn has to offer.

We are fortunate to have a great staff! They enjoy what they do and it shows.

We hope to see you again soon!
Ocala, Florida
Reviewed February 17, 2014

We met our daughter and son-in-law there. Heard about the snow and ice, were able to call The Esmeralda who kept us informed about conditions prior to our departure. Found the staff very helpful and accommodating. We arrived to a warm greeting and it continued throughout our stay. The hotel and its atmoshpere was very cozy. The staff was very informative and helpful in directions and suggestions for local entertainment. Special shout out to Scout! Thanks for making our stay a great experience. The restaurant offered a great breakfast with good choices. We will definitely stay here again, next time when warmer weather permits.

Room Tip: We were on the third floor, scenery was beautiful, could not suggest anything better.
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
SharronFieber, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, February 19, 2014
Thank you for the great review! I'm glad the snow didn't deter you from coming.
We think of the Inn as home and want our guests to feel welcome and comfortable. It sounds like we succeeded! We have a great staff, who truly enjoy what they do.

Come see us in the Spring! It's beautiful with all the trees in bloom.
naples, United States
Reviewed February 12, 2014

We stayed at the Esmeralda for our 3rd time this past weekend for my bday because we love it. I normally would give the hotel 4 stars but we had a bad dinner restaurant experience. We were torn on Lake Lure Inn or Esmeralda for dinner and decided on Esmerelda since we have had great meals there in the past and they serve wine now. Both of our meals were very disappointing. My Filet came with no sauce at all and the menu said there was a demi glaze. When i asked for sauce the waiter said "you didn't get enough"? My hubby's rack of lamb came with a terrible A-1 sauce and when the waiter brought my "demi glaze" it was the same terrible sauce. You can doctor up A-1 and it still tastes like A-1. The Creme Brulee dessert was cold, old and tasted burnt. We looked forward to a full breakfast the next morning but needless to say we did not have it at the Esmeralda.

Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Dorothy E
SharronFieber, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this review, February 14, 2014
Thank you for taking time to write a review. We always love to have guests return again and again. I'm sorry you were disappointed in your dinner. Every Chef creates sauces differently. This one was not to your liking. Personal tastes vary.
Our desserts are made fresh so your crème brulee was not old. We always serve it chilled, and again this was just not how you preferred it. As far as tasting burnt, crème brulee has the fired sugar crust. That is not burnt, it's the way crème brulee is made. Another dessert might have been more to your liking. I'm sure the waiter would have replaced it if you had asked.

Breakfast is served on Saturday and Sunday only in the Winter months. This is clearly stated on the website. We serve a very nice Continental Breakfast to our guests on the mornings when The Restaurant isn't open.

I hope you will stay with us again. As you said, your past experiences at the Inn were good ones. I hope you will not let one disappointing dinner keep you away!
Also consider these accommodations in or near Chimney Rock
Rumbling Bald Resort on Lake Lure
The Omni Grove Park Inn
The Omni Grove Park Inn
#11 of 65 in Asheville

Been to The Esmeralda Inn? Share your experiences!