“"Come as a Guest, leave as a friend"...”
Review of The Esmeralda Inn

The Esmeralda Inn
Ranked #1 of 4 Hotels in Chimney Rock
Reviewed December 19, 2011

This trip was for our honeymoon and we found it to be the most accommodating and amazing place ever! It was peaceful, serene, and magical. the food in the restaurant was great and again the service was top notch. Our stay at the Esmeralda was a breath of fresh air :)

Room Tip: corner rooms offer a great view of the surrounding mountains and the beautiful Esmeralda property.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Lauren G
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded January 6, 2012

Thank you for your thoughtful review! We're glad we could share in your special occassion. This is a beautiful area. Winter here is quiet and restful.

We hope you'll visit us again soon.

Reviewed December 7, 2011

My niece celebrated her wedding at the Esmeralda on December 2, 2011. The inn was ours. It was as if it were our home for the duration of our stay. The staff treated us as family providing each guest with as much personal service or autonomy as desired. The restaurant, pantries, and common areas were given over to our needs and wants. You will never meet people who are more friendly or helpful. My wife and I are now looking for a reason to return.

Room Tip: The front corner room is the best. Beautiful views, bright, and sunny.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank prospector2004
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2011

It was such a pleasure having your wedding party with us! The Inn is the right size for a small wedding and everyone seemed to be having a great time. We have a wonderful staff who truly enjoy making our guests comfortable. You were all great guests. You don't need a reason! Just come back any time.

Thank you for the great review. We look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed December 2, 2011

On 11/29/11 my wife and I stopped in to the Esmeralda for dinner. We live down the street in Chimney Rock, but had not eaten there for quite some time. We do eat out frequently and decided to go there rather than one of the other eateries we tend to frequent. The words "pleasant", "wonderful", and "delicious" are not sufficient to describe our experience. The food quality and presentation, as well as the excellent service were about the finest we have ever experienced, not just locally, but nationally and internationally. We have travelled around the country as well as most of Europe with some frequency, usually paying a considerably higher price for a considerably lower quality experience.
If in Chimney Rock Village, whether passing through or staying, give your self a treat eating at the Esmeralda.
(No, I'm not a paid spokesman, just a guy living in the vicinity.)

2  Thank Bob W

Thank you so much for taking the time to leave a Restaurant review! We are always delighted to see our neighbors stop in. I like to think we're the best restaurant in the area, but when we receive such high praise, I'm convinced! We are very fortunate to have such a great staff! Thank you and please come again soon.

Reviewed November 28, 2011

My husband and I just stayed at this hotel over the holiday weekend and we loved it. The hotel has a full game room upstairs along with a fridge/mini kitchen for storage. The restuarant is excellent as well. If you're wanting a quiet but elegant place to stay, this is it.

1  Thank OwensboroTravelchick
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 30, 2011

Thank you for your kind review! The Game Room is a great feature of the Inn, especially on rainy days. I'm glad you enjoyed your time with us.

Come back soon!

Reviewed November 23, 2011

We were there Nov. 9/10, 2011 and the one night Breakfast Package was the perfect way to celebrate my 51st birthday. It was a mid-week stay and off-season, so we encountered only two other guests, and we were able to really explore the place without reserve...delightful. The room was very very clean, with plush bedding and fine appointments. The in-room Bose "Wave" radio is a nice touch. The views are spectacular. The food was delicious and presented beautifully. Even the room service exceled. We look forward to next year, same time, same place.

Room Tip: Rooms 10 and 4 have exxceptional views.
1  Thank Abby B

Thank you for taking the time to write such a thoughtful review. I think late Fall and Winter here are wonderful! It is quieter and less hectic. I'm glad you enjoyed having the Inn pretty much to yourselves. We think it's the little extras that make The Esmeralda so special. And the views of course!

We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed November 21, 2011

My daughter-in-law and son had their wedding at the Esmeralda Inn and it was PERFECT! We had the Inn for the weekend of the wedding and everything was amazing!!!! The staff was very friendly and eager to do anything to help. I could not find one thing that didn't leave a good impression. I do not understand how they are not rated #1 because everything about the place is perfect!!! When you sit on the side of the bed, it is so comfortable that you can feel your body relax. Amazing! The restaurant was great. Every meal the chef would come out to ask if everything was good. Well, it was always excellent! Our waitress was Scout and the best that has ever waited on any of us. I wish she could have been there for the reception. I have never left anywhere feeling so relaxed. No one in my group wanted to come home, we enjoyed being there so much. On the way home we were planning our next trip and now, planning to spend our next Thanksgiving at the Esmeralda Inn. Everything
about our stay was great. The Inn is relaxing and cozy and you are close to everything you
may want to do while in the mountains. What I liked most is you have everything you need
without leaving the Inn. You haven't lived until you stay at the Esmeralda Inn.

Room Tip: Mountain view on front side.
  • Stayed: November 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Sharon S

Thank you for the wonderful review! We really enjoyed having your group stay with us. It is our goal to make every guest feel at home and to provide a relaxing atmosphere. I'm glad we succeeded!

I like to think we have the best Restaurant in the Gorge, but I may be a little prejudiced. Chef Michelle enjoys meeting her guests and making sure, first hand, that everything is right. Scout is wonderful, with a great sense of humor! She is but one of the skilled servers we are so lucky to have with us.

We'll save a place at our 2012 Thanksgiving table for you!

Reviewed November 18, 2011

My husband and I stayed there during our mini-honeymoon. When we checked in there was a wine and cheese reception, which we gladly took advantage of. With the wedding being the day before we arrived we needed the treats and the relaxation. We enjoyed the fire and settled into the comfy chairs in the lobby. A bottle of champagne and a couple of glasses waited for us in our room. I had called ahead to let them know we had just gotten married. It was a nice treat.

The second floor of the hotel has a game room. One evening we played pool, and another evening we enjoyed leftovers from a nearby Italian restaurant on the huge sectional couch facing the flat-screen TV.

One thing I will mention, although this has no negative affect on the review, is that the fire alarm woke us up around 1:30 one morning. It was a windy evening and smoke from the fireplace in the lobby went back down the chimney and set off the alarm. Although it wasn't fun dealing with that in the wee hours of the morning, in the end it makes for a great honeymoon story. When we dined in the restaurant a couple of nights later they gave us a free dessert for our troubles. The food and service in the restaurant was excellent.

The bed was comfortable and the bathroom amenities were very modern. I'm very picky about bathrooms so I appreciated that. This is probably the only hotel I've been to that has a remote control for the air conditioner.

We would stay here again. The staff was friendly and the hotel was cozy, with great views of the mountains and the falling leaves. Just what we needed to celebrate being newlyweds.

• Stayed: November 2011, traveled as a couple
EsmeraldaInn, General Manager at The Esmeralda Inn, responded to this reviewResponded November 20, 2011

Thank you so much for the great review! We're glad you could spend such a special time with us. Every honeymoon needs it's story, so I guess our fire alarm fit the bill. You were very gracious and we appreciated your understanding. Nothing like a little excitement!

It is our goal to make every guest feel as comfortable as we possibly can. We switched to the more environmentally friendly toiletries a little over a year ago. They are very popular with our guests. I'm glad you liked them.

I think we have the best Restaurant in the Gorge, so it's good to hear you enjoyed your dinner with us.

Please come again soon. It was a pleasure having you with us.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Chimney Rock
Country Inn & Suites by Radisson, Asheville West (Biltmore Estate), NC
Mountain Lodge
Mountain Lodge
#2 of 6 in Flat Rock

Been to The Esmeralda Inn? Share your experiences!