My husband and I spent a weekend here while escaping a hurricane. I knew nothing about the area and selected it based on TripAdvisor reviews. We visited the Biltmore House and stayed at another property prior to going to Chimney Rock. My husband wanted to do some fishing on Lake Lure so we relocated from Asheville to this wonderful place in the mountains.
We stayed in the least expensive, smallest room in the Inn and were pleased. It wasn't large but for two people it was more than sufficient. I'm a detail person and had a very difficult time finding anything about this property that was not right. It was quite obvious to me that the owners take great pride in the place and have put a tremendous amount of thought into every detail.
We had dinner in the restaurant one evening and were very pleased with it.
The only thing I was a little disappointed in was the fact that I had to ask for an iron and ironing board. They brought it to our room immediately after asking, however, I felt obligated to then return right away in case another guest needed it. The next morning I wanted to iron something and didn't want to bother asking again and left in wrinkled clothes. If they had one room available to guests for ironing it would be great.
While here we shopped in some of the quaint shops in town. It reminded me of Mayberry. We rented a boat on Lake Lure and dined in some of the restaurants. We also went on a Riverwalk and checked out the state park there that has hiking trails to the top of a mountain and to the bottom of a waterfall. We did not do any hiking this trip but I was told those trails were simple and there were more difficult trails in the park.
If you like to see and do a lot I don't know that there is enough in this town to keep you busy for a week. I could stay there forever just relaxing. I loved the 20 person hot tub we had to ourselves and rocking on the chairs on the front porch staring at the beautiful view. We can't wait to go back!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Esmeralda Inn and Restaurant is nestled within the Hickory Nut Gorge of the majestic Blue Ridge Mountains located in Chimney Rock, NC. Enjoy hiking, climbing and fishing and golfing. While dining enjoy the majestic views of Chimney Rock State Park. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotwire and getaroom.com so you can book your The Esmeralda Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Hotel Chimney Rock
- Esmeralda Chimney Rock