“10 Years and still returning”
Review of Newfound Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Newfound Lodge
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed March 24, 2007

My mother and I have been coming to Cherokee every year for
the last ten years and will keep on returning until we are no
longer able to do so. We always stay at the Newfound Lodge
and have always had a pleasant stay and were always treated
very good.
c.kerney Indiana

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
1  Thank stressedinindiana
There are newer reviews for Newfound Lodge

Reviewed January 29, 2007

My family stay here at least once a year. I took my best friend and she fell in love with it. She loved the balcony over the river. We had a blast. Jane from Iva, S.C.

• Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
2  Thank JaniePoo
Reviewed December 11, 2006

My 88 yrs young mother, sister and I have stayed at the Newfound Lodge for the past three years in October each time.
We wouldn't think of staying anywhere else. We'll probably go back in 2007 for the Spring . Very clean rooms, and great staff.
We have always felt very comfortable, safe and welcome.
Bea

Stayed: October 2006
Reviewed October 8, 2006

I don't know why this hotel is the #1 rated hotel in trip advisor. The only thing going for it, is that the rooms look into the river. There are other newer hotels that also look into the river. The only thing that was clean was the new carpet. The furniture is old and broken. The linens have seen better times. The curtains were dirty, the ceiling was black in places from mold and had spider webs. It also smelled bad, and the heater didn't work. There are a lot of better places. We payed $89.00 for Saturday night. I really don't get how this hotel is so higly regarded. I hope that this place is not being push by insiders. ... I would hate not to be able to rely on this site.

• Stayed: September 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Starviagera
Reviewed August 6, 2006

My husband and I visit Cherokee quite often. We had reservations at another hotel and it turned out to be the worst in the area (and mind you it was a chain hotel). We left the "Dew Drop In" en route to find accommodations elsewhere. We stopped at Newfound Lodge and that's where we spent the rest of our time. It was absolutely great! The staff was extremely pleasant and did everything to fit our needs. The room was spacious and clean as a pin! Had great views of the river from our balcony and was centrally located so we didn't have to go far for anything. We will definitely be back and will recommend this hotel to all our friends and co-workers. Thank you for a GREAT and memorable weekend! See you again soon!

Lisa and David

• Stayed: August 2006, traveled as a couple
4  Thank n2kamping
Reviewed July 24, 2006

My husband and i love Newfound Lodge. We stay there everytime we go to Cherokee N.C. and that is about 6 or 7 times a year. we love to hear the rustling of the water over the rocks in the stream that flows behind the lodge. you can leave the balcony door ajar weather permitting and take a nap to the running of the water. it is very relaxing to hear the sounds of nature. you can sit on the balcony and see the passing rafters floating by. The scenery on the balcony could not be more inviting. The Poppell's whigham georgia 39897

Stayed: June 2006
5  Thank tigerbabe
Reviewed June 15, 2006

After reading the reviews, I booked us a room and couldn't have been happier. The sound of the river was a wonderfull way to fall asleep. If there was any other noise in the place we didn't hear it. The rooms were spacious, but the beds were a little hard. Although this place shows it's age, it was very clean and comfortable. Will definately stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2006