“great place for the money”
Review of Newfound Lodge

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Cherokee
Newfound Lodge
Ranked #18 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed October 27, 2013

We stayed at this hotel for two nights. Older hotel but room was very clean and the service was very nice and friendly. The location was very good. Will stay here again. Its not an upscale ritzy place but clean and good price for the location.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank hhair

Reviewed October 22, 2013

I usually don't stay in Mom & Pop hotels as I fear they are not clean, but this one was a pleasant surprise. It is directly opposite the much more expensive Comfort Suite Inn. My non-smoking room had no trace of cigarette smoke. I liked the thick pile (clean) carpet on the floor. The room was clean and tidy and spacious. There was a balcony with a couple of chairs at the back of the room, overlooking the river. This hotel has no breakfast. Overall a good place to stay.

• Stayed: October 2013, traveled solo
2  Thank levado656
Reviewed October 5, 2013

We usually stay here once a year, usually on a Saturday night on the way to Gatlinburg, TN. to hike the Smokies for a few days. There is a little Catholic church up on the hill for Sunday services. The rooms are large, the beds and pillows are great, and the peaceful river below has a calming influence on both of us that calls us back year after year. Depending on the season, the price is pretty reasonable as well. Leaf turning season makes prices rise higher than we like. Rooms are clean, the shower is good. It's probably the best value in Cherokee. There is no pool, which makes that a deal breaker during summer months

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor for the best view
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank martin g
Reviewed September 30, 2013

We arrived in Cherokee one night before we were to check in for our cabin in Bryson City and just wanted a room that was clean. Newfound Lodge was not bad at all. It was $68.00 for our family of 3. Room was clean, wall paper was ripped in a couple places but wasn't a big deal to us. My husband and son loved the boardwalk that runs along the river behind the lodge. Balcony overlooking the river was great. Place could use some TLC but was clean, people were helpful. The beds were kind of hard but we're just used to softer mattresses. Given the price, I was really pleasantly surprised. If you're looking for a spot in Cherokee that is low cost that gives you access to the river for fishing this is a GREAT spot.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank K W
Reviewed September 25, 2013

we have stayed here several times and love it. pet friendly and motorcycle friendly. rooms are older but very comfortable, the rocking chairs on balcony is very nice, sit by river and relax. staff always trys to make you comfortable.the friends we have had with us now love it too. we are going to the blue ridge to ride this oct. and stay here....walking distance to everything

Room Tip: rooms on north end are closest to river
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank Ron D
Reviewed September 2, 2013

Looking for a room for Labor Day weekend, we didn't expect much. Hotel is old but located on the river with a nice balcony and rocking chairs. Very peaceful and really enjoyed the viw. TV was old, but we never used it. Yes, bed linens were old, but clean. Bathroom small, nothing extra, but it worked fine. Our shower curtain was fine, but small towels lowever we had what we needed. Bed was comfortable, but pillow was hard. I'll bring my own next time. No breakfast, but who cares for the price. It has frig and codffee maker which we didn't use. Overall we were pleased and would recommend it if you don't mind an old hotel. They recommended breakfast down the road, Pete's Pancakes . . Nice. Look for review

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank SheranTaylor
Reviewed August 12, 2013

I stayed at the Newfound Lodge due to arriving in Cherokee with no reservation at Harrah's. Usually I can get a room any time at Harrah's but this time they were sold out (or so they say). After the long drive to Cherokee I was tired and ready to rest before going in the casino.

I ended up at the Newfound Lodge. Based on the motel being older I expected it to be a very unpleasant experience. The front desk clerk was very nice and when I got to the room, even though it was very dated, it was very clean, was a comfortable temperature, and had a pleasant smell. The bed was comfortable and the linens were clean.

I didn't spend very much time in the room, however I did sit on the balcony a little while the next morning before leaving. With the river behind the motel and the rocking chairs, I can see this being a quiet, tranquil place to spend a few days.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo