All reviewsbalcony overlooking the riverroom was cleanfront deskegg pattiesoutdoor dramasitting areatwo sinkscontinental breakfastnice balconyoconaluftee riverhot itemsstay there againyogurttwo queen bedsair conditioneran older hoteljacuzzi tub
Reviewed July 15, 2018

This is an older hotel and it exceeded my expectations. The bathroom was roomy and there were two sinks, one inside the bath with lots of countertop, and one outside the bath with counter space. The room was quite spacious with a nice flat screen TV and comfy beds. We had a double queen room with a private balcony. It was pleasant to drink our morning coffee on the balcony and listen to the river flowing by. I must add that there was absolutely no noise during the night. It was very quiet which made for a good night's sleep

Stayed: July 2018
Reviewed July 9, 2018 via mobile

Nice clean hotel but rooms are dated. Beds were soft bathrooms were very small. I'm a big guy and could barely sit on the toilet. Breakfast was good sausage, egg patties and waffles were the main dishes. Had toast, pastries, yogurt and cereal. If Motorcyclist perfect location and centralized to all the great roads. Parking with a trailer is limited but allowed to park trailer on the grass. Pricing was good. Pool was perfect to cool down during the hot week. Would stay here again.

Stayed: July 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 2, 2018

The room was really clean and comfortable, with a great view of the Oconaluftee River from the balcony. A short walk down the hill provides easy wading access to the river. I am actually very impressed with this room for the excellent rate we paid. The staff was friendly as well.

Room Tip: First floor rooms - easy access to parking and a great balcony view of the river
  • Stayed: July 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed July 1, 2018

This hotel is just like how it as advertised. It gives you everything you need, has a nice small view of the river, and is just a short drive from downtown Cherokee. This isn't the Ritz but this hotel has a friendly and helpful staff, air conditioned room, comfortable bed and a nice view. You might as well save the money and just stay here.

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled with family
Reviewed June 25, 2018

As a former "Road Warrior" having traveled for business for 30 years, both domestically and internationally, I have almost 7,500 hotel stays.

I'm a top Trip Advisor reviewer and I am fair to a hotel in a review, but I don't sugar coat my reviews.

RATING
UNFORTUNATELY, The Roadway Inn & Suites, across the street from the Hampton Inn, did NOT meet my expectations, and I have it rated as POOR, 2/5, primarily because the lack of maintenance created safety issues.

Staff..- 5/5
Hotel.- 2/5
Room- 3/5
Wifi....- 4/5
Location.- 4/5
Breakfast- 3/5

REASON FOR LOW RATING- Significant Maintenance Issues / Safety Issues
This is one of the many typical roadside independently owned hotels that doesn't keep up with maintenance issues.

Broken & Cracked loose cement on stairs & walls, and a serious safety hazard, especially at Night.

Railings were rusty and loose, so if you trip, or fall, I don't think the railing would hold up.

ROOM
Overall 3/5, but several issues maintenance and updating needed.

Maintenance
AC Filter needed to be cleaned

Updating Needed
No exhaust fan in the bathroom, with wallpaper pealing and water damaged. I cannot believe any hotel would NOT have an exhaust fan in a bathroom, because of all the issues.

Summary
If the hotel would take care of the urgent maintenance issues and updated where needed, it could be a nice hotel.

Unfortunately, you need to spend money to make money, and I would NOT stay at this hotel again, either Harrah's or Hampton. My stay was a last minute decision and unfortunately my choices were booked

• Stayed: June 2018, traveled on business