“suited our purpose nicely”

Rodeway Inn & Suites On The River
Ranked #8 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Seymour, Tennessee
“suited our purpose nicely”
Reviewed August 26, 2012

Spent one night there. The rooms open to the exterior of the building, not to an interior hallway. Beds comfortable. Room quiet, but I take a fan for background noise and in case I get too warm. Air conditioner worked fine. Did not eat the breakfast. Staff were friendly and helpful. Good water pressure from shower. There is a Cherokee Trolley Stop at this property.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
Myrtle Beach, SC
Reviewed August 13, 2012

First, I should mention that I only spent one night at this hotel so my review may have been different if I had stayed additional nights at it. The entire property (including the room that I stayed in) was clean and appeared to be well maintained. Also, it is located away from the "tourist" area of Cherokee. The room itself was reasonably priced and was "right sized" (not too big, but not too small either). The Wi-Fi reception was excellent. I had no problems using it to connect to the Internet. Breakfast was literally a full meal : "plastic" eggs, sausage, dry cereal, milk, juice, yogurt, bagels, muffins, waffle maker (with both regular and blueberry mix), fresh fruit, etc. In additional, you can eat your meal outside and watch the river stream by. My only complaint with this hotel is that the rooms are spread out over a wide area of the property so you may be doing a lot of walking (or driving) to go from your room to the pool or to the office. Despite this minor annoyance though, I would definitely recommend this hotel.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Lillian, Alabama
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Very nice, clean and convenient to everything Cherokee! Daughter and I spent a wonderful "girls weekend" and couldn't have asked for more. Beautiful room with balcony overlooking the river! great continental breakfast. We will definitely stay here again.

Stayed August 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed August 12, 2012 via mobile

Rooms are old and need updating. They were clean but our comforter had cigarette burns in it. The hot tub was broke as well. They gave us the option of another room but it smelled like an ashtray. Overpriced

• Stayed August 2012
Vonore, Tennessee, United States
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We found this by accident when we made a spur of the moment trip to Cherokee for our Anniversary. We had only planned on spending one night but ended up staying two nights because of the convenient location and peaceful surroundings. The premises were clean and inviting. Our room had a balcony overlooking the river, which was a pleasant surprise. The beds were so comfortable, we slept in both mornings. The breakfast was great and the hotel staff's recommendations for lunch and dinner were spot on! Spent one afternoon at the pool-very clean and well maintained. We'll definitely be back!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nancy H
Granite Falls, North Carolina
Reviewed July 22, 2012

This Comfort Inn is a quiet retreat. Nice people and close to attractions while a little off the beaten path. The usual Comfort Inn great breakfast and relaxing atmosphere. Room was clean and while it didn't have the microwave and fridge that some of the CI's I've stayed in I really didn't need them for one evening and I image that some of the rooms do have them. I spent one day driving up through the Smokey Mtn. National Park to Cades Cove and back. Had a very enjoyable trip and would highly recommend the new Italian restaurant at the Harrah's Cherokee Casino. Really great food. One of the things that had been lacking on some of my previous trips to the area.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled solo
Hixson, Tennessee
Reviewed July 19, 2012

My husband & I left home for some away time for our 15th anniversary, and luckily we somehow ended up here. We stayed in one of the suites, with a perfect view of the river and mountains. It was so peaceful, kinda like we were the only ones on the property. The room was just perfect, and the bed so comfortable! We checked-in for a total stay of 2 days, but finally left after 4 days. It was just what we needed!

• Stayed March 2012, traveled as a couple