“Mixed review”

Cuisines: American, Native American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Breakfast, Takeout
Reviewed October 14, 2012

Stop in for a bite after leaving the Saturday night bon fire a bit early at 8:30 or so. The owner greats at the door says inside or out we say "in" he looks around and says there are no seats inside we agree to wait 10 minutes. There is no place to stand and he doesn't take names so your just loitering around the desert case. A couple that came in after us was seated before us that was a bit annoying but overlooked and was seating next. The waitress seemed stressed and wanted to get this over with. After about 45 minutes we had our order. I had the Indian taco (8.00) excellent. My husband had the buffalo rib eye(25.00) medium. It arrived cooked unevenly. over cooked on one side and undercooked on the other. Baked potato was ok.

There are newer reviews for Paul's Family Restaurant

Reviewed October 13, 2012 via mobile

We have ate here a couple of times now and on both visits I really enjoyed the food. My wife on the other hand has not had real good success here. The indian taco is great and so is the buffalo burger. Our last visit my wife ordered the chicken quesadillas and she did not enjoy it at all. Overall their menu is ok but the atmosphere is relaxed and enjoyable.

Reviewed October 9, 2012

Stopped in for breakfast. The place was clean. Our waitress was nice, but not overly. She rushed us to order.

The eggs were done as I asked. The hashbrowns are not hashbrowns. They were more like little square chunks of potatoes...more like square french fries than hashbrowns. I was disappointed.

I did like the biscuits, but all they had was grape jelly to put on them.

It is just a very simple little place with no variety. The place did appear to be quiet clean.

We wouldn't stop by again.

Reviewed September 24, 2012

Service was horrible. After waiting 30 mins. and being totally ignored, I finally asked if someone could take our order. 10 minutes later someone finally came to take our order. An hour later, our appetizers finally showed up and were just okay. Another 30 minutes later, our entrees appeared. Since we were in Cherokee, we ordered "Indian food" - an Indian taco which was gross and a buffalo burger which was just so-so. The atmosphere on the porch is nice - it was a beautiful day and we were sitting next to a gurgling stream so that the made the wait bearable. Several people sitting around us got up and left after ordering and we found ourselves wishing we had done the same thing. Next time, we will know better and grab fast food before going here.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

1st it is clean, comfortable and the waitress was great. NOW....Not sure about lunch or dinner but our breakfast was terrible. I got eggs, hash browns and pork tenderloin (key word here tender...) the tenderloin not only looked like shoe leather it tasted like it as well. Not sure if this is how they cook it in N. Carolina but it was just awful. I generally don't say anything and just go on my way but I did say it was terrible and she did remove it from our bill, based on other reviews i guess i was lucky. My husband had the eggs and chicken fried steak and it was ok. Being as this is a HIGH tourist area these restaurants need to serve breakfast longer we got there at 1025 and was allowed to order breakfast but at 1030 it stops not 1031 but 1030. Quite a few came in after and they were told lunch doesn't start until 11 and were almost ignored after that even though most were willing to wait until 11 to order, they had to get up and ask to at least get some coffee or other drinks while they chose to wait and spend their money here, this quite actually shocked me. This place has a lot to learn about customer service.