“My kids loved it!”
Review of Santa's Land

Santa's Land
Ranked #12 of 33 things to do in Cherokee
Reviewed May 17, 2014

My four year old absolutely loved Santas Land. He rode the Rudicoaster 12 times. He would have ridden it 50 time if we had let him. He spent over an hour riding the paddle boats and feeding the fish. I enjoyed the park as well. It was like a trip back to my childhood. The park is well maintained but all the attractions are vintage. We bought season passes and I am sure we will return several times this season for a day of fun.

2  Thank Reynolds357

Reviewed March 4, 2014

Ok. It's not Dollywood or Disneyworld. It's an entirely different experience, and our daughter can't wait to go back. We went intending to stay a half an hour, and ended up spending the day there. It's kind of a Clark-Griswald's-Walley-World-meets-the-State-Fair-in-an-enchanted-forest-in-the-70's kind of place.

There's a magic show with in small theatre where the corny old magician gets the kids involved and has everybody laughing. The live animals are cool...even a chance to see the some bear cubs get fed. Take some extra quarters for the feed machines to hand feed the deer, goats, and other creatures.

The rides and the train were probably our favorites. Again, it's no space mountain, but the RudiCoaster...a fair sized roller coaster with Antlers and a red nose, provided great laughter for both daughter and Mom and Dad. We probably road it a dozen times, since the lines were small to non-existent. There's a great carousel, boats, cars, spinning rides, and cool vintage ferris wheel. All perfect speed for a four or five year old...perhaps older, too.

The train goes around the perimeter of the park and stops at each end. It's a fun ride that goes between narrow rows of tree trunks and gives you a big picture view of the park. The conductor even let our little girl "drive" the train and blow the whistle.

The other thing worth mentioning is "monkey island". You can drive paddle boats out to the two islands that are homes to monkeys. Be sure to pick up a bag of fish feed to throw off the back to the hundreds of huge goldfish looking fish that will stalk you most of your ride. It's hilarious. Almost something out a Stephen King type movie...coming soon..."THE FISH".

This is a small scale family amusement park. When we were through riding the carousel, the operator shut it down and moved over to operate the next ride! The crowds and lines were very small, but there were enough people there to let you know it was an event. Very charming and endearing.

If you are on leisurely trip anywhere near Cherokee and have small kids, it's worth the extra few minutes to get there. Step back into a time before iPads and enjoy this mom and pop old school amusement park. You won't regret it. Even if only to stretch your legs and break up a long trip. I'm only sorry we passed it by some many years.

8  Thank OnTheRoadAgain38654
Reviewed February 26, 2014 via mobile

Yes it is a bit old but still so much fun. My parents carried me when I was a kid and we carried my kid when she was little and loved it as much as I did. My parents went with us and they had so much fun seeing my daughter enjoying it as much as I did I think it brought back some wonderful memories for all of us and we made new ones too.

5  Thank Pamela W
Reviewed January 23, 2014

My parents took me here as a kid and now I take my child and niece. Yes, it is an aging place, but they do well in trying to keep it fresh and pretty each season. There are just enough animals in the zoo area for the kids to have fun petting them. The magic show is really cool for the young ones too. My child loves amusement rides and fairground rides are way to expensive and less safe. All the rides at Santa's Land are terrific for those under 10 years old and at the end of the day, I spend less here than at any state fair rides or other amusement parks. However, as an adult I personally LOVE the Rudicoaster! It is the best little roller coaster for any age! To top it all off, there is no wait or hardly any wait on anything there! I'll be sad when my child out grows this size of amusement park. It is always a fun day for both of us! If I lived closer, I would purchase a season pass.

5  Thank Burkett207
Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

The first thing you'll notice pulling in here is that there's a creepy poster of Santa and children in the parking lot. The entry fee is very pricy for the content of the park. The park has rides good for kids under ten and not much more. There are really creepy animatronic elves in these display houses and a weird Easter bunny statue. Also, the animals are in cages, not habitats. They look sad and uncomfortable.

7  Thank Fairladyzee