“love the park”

tenn.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 15 helpful votes
“love the park”
Reviewed October 27, 2013

This park is very good for kids. We have an 8 year old that wants to go back next summer. Last summer we got to see a fawn being born. It may be a little high in price 21.00 dollars a person, but they have alot of animals that need fed. over all I think it's great, no it's not dollywood but it always don't have the long lines to stand in to ride a ride..It's a quiet family park..

Visited June 2013
5 Thank bigbugtenn

Savannah, Georgia
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Like stepping back into my childhood”
Reviewed October 13, 2013

I will preface this by saying that if you prefer a Disney-like experience with multitudes of rides and lots of stimulation then you may be disappointed. However, if you have small children, love Christmas, enjoy a small, quaint park then you will be happy. My parents first took me to this park when I was 3 and this was back in the late 70s. The park has stayed very true to it's original form with most of the original decor still in place. When I first stepped through the gate, it took my breath away ~ it was like being a kid again. It is a lovely, small park with several "retro-style" rides that small kids will absolutely love. My 3 year old daughter loved them and wasn't afraid to be on them by herself. We rode the train around the park on two separate occasions - the seats were kind of crampy for long legs but I was there for my child and she was loving every minute. The animal exhibits were very clean and the animals seem well cared for. I'm very particular about any zoo type exhibit and this one didn't raise any red flags for me. Naturally, we saw Santa and he was the real deal and very sweet to my child. We even saw him later at the lunch counter and he took time to visit with my family and chat while we waited for our food. Food selections are somewhat limited and along the sandwich and chips line but I loved, loved, loved my fried bologna sandwich (don't knock it till you try it!). Portions were generous and we didn't go hungry. We will definitely make this a yearly trip and I am so grateful that the park owners have kept Santa's Land true to it's original roots so that everyone can enjoy a wholesome experience and have wonderful memories!

Visited July 2013
7 Thank Stephanie D
Maynardville, Tennessee
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“mini vacation”
Reviewed October 11, 2013

great for the kids. They enjoyed themselves. couldnt get enough of the rudicoaster. they enjoyed the paddle boats,feeding the fish and the magic show. They were picked to help in the show and they loved it. Every one should go at least one time.So much to see and do.

Visited October 2013
4 Thank 591traveler
15 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 30 helpful votes
“Not worth the money”
Reviewed October 1, 2013 via mobile

We had free passes that we won and decided to take our 3 children ages 9,6, and 3. I went when I was a child and really enjoyed it. Well now as an adult I think that the $21/person they charge is a complete rip off! I would have been mad if I would have had to spend $100 on that place. There is literally only 8 rides for the kids. There are animals but not many. The entire park can easily be completed within 2 hours and that is taking your time.

The kids loved it though. There were no lines for anything which was a plus. The kids could ride the rides over and over again without getting off.

Also, the entire park needs to be re painted. I think that may help it some. Food is very reasonably priced and staff is very friendly.

Visited September 2013
2 Thank sneely3
North Wilkesboro, North Carolina, United States
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Places I enjoyed”
Reviewed September 1, 2013

This was my favorite part of the vacation. As a small child I went and I think I was the last person in my age group to quit believing in santa. Everyone working ther is extremely friendly. My cousin and I even rode the kiddy rides and enjoyed them. We were the only 3 at the magic show and it was still a wonderful .We enjoyed all the animals and they all looked healthy and well taken care of (that ment alot to me. I cant stand for animals not too be happy) The paddleboats and feeding the fish was my dads favorite part (of course my cousin and I paddled)

Visited August 2013