“Nice park for young children”
Review of Santa's Land

Santa's Land
Ranked #12 of 31 things to do in Cherokee
Max meadows va
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Nice park for young children”
Reviewed July 12, 2013

I will say the price to get in was surprising, little steep, but for the low crowds its worth it. There are many rides geared to smaller children. The people were friendly. My daughters favorite was the paddle boat ride to feed the fish and monkeys. There is no wait on any ride and they can ride them unlimited till closing. You need to stay most of the day to make it worth he cost. They also have many animals. The park is clean and family friendly.

2 Thank DCB33

Tampa Bay
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 71 helpful votes
“Great for younger children”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

My experience with this small park extends over 30 years in the past. It's low-key, charming, cool in the shade and uncrowded, and I'll return as long as I have young children to enjoy. It's located away from the hustle and bustle of downtown Cherokee and the casino. Don't expect Disney here, but you will appreciate the old-fashioned ambiance. As the blacksmith explained as he chatted us up, the workers are expected to be friendly and we found this to be true. The blacksmith, upon entry, fashions a nail ring to fit at no charge, but a donation box to a charity is prominent. The park contains a small roller coaster that would make older children smile, but my eight-year-old grandson rode it over and over. There's also a Ferris wheel and an assortment of kiddie rides, plus a miniature train ride through the park. Some kiddie rides may be briefly unattended as attendants do double duty with the rides. Whether this relates to the financial condition of the park is unknown. I did note that the park is looking a bit shabby, with a great need for paint. There are also a few games of skill that were mostly unattended. However, there is so much to do that these games paled by comparison.

Santa is always top notch, both in appearance and attitude. A picture with Santa is $5.00, or you can take your own. The magic show is also top notch, performed by a gentleman with a longtime association with the park. There are two small playground areas for young children. Picture taking opportunities abound. Animals are a highlight of the park, with opportunities to feed the deer and to watch baby bears being fed. Other animals housed in a small zoo area, including a camel, seem a bit sad in their enclosures. I'm not sure whether the treatment of these animals has been criticized by PETA, as PETA has done with other entities in Cherokee.

The park includes a small lake with two islands containing lemurs in cages. Paddleboats are available at no extra charge and are followed by thousands of koi expecting to be fed. Food choices in the park are somewhat limited. There is an excellent gift shop through which exit is made. We obtained a small discount through AAA, and there are also military and senior discounts. Children under two are free. The $21.16 plus tax entry fee is somewhat odd but is a very fair price for what the park offers.

3 Thank karofl1
Newnan, Georgia, United States
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Fun for Families with younger children”
Reviewed July 11, 2013

We visited Santa Land on July 9th, 2013. We arrived around 10:30am and stayed until the park closed at 6pm! Our children, ages 8, 6, 5 and 2 had a blast. Our 8 year old mostly rode the roller coaster (about 30 times) and the younger children enjoyed all of the other rides. The paddle boats were fun (and free), the food was reasonably priced (paid $5.50 for hamburger and hot dog combos with drinks), and there were plenty of things to do. We spent hours in the area with the rides, also a lot of time in the zoo with the animals. There are playground areas scattered around the park that the children enjoyed, as well as the train ride around the park. Also, lots of small buildings like a chapel, a "school house" and buildings to view Christmas-themed scenes. And their Santa Claus was wonderful - very nice and not scary to my kids at all. Oh, and there is also a cute magic show. It was not too crowded and we also weren't afraid of losing our children in a crowd. They had free reign to run around and we were still able to keep an eye on them. I would say that if you have children older than maybe 10 years old, it may not be as entertaining for them. But, we had a blast!!

3 Thank Erin F
Murfreesboro, Tn
60 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 62 helpful votes
“Not too bad”
Reviewed July 5, 2013 via mobile

This is an older park that shows its age. It has about 6-7 kid rides. The roller coaster is pretty good. The food was not bad. It's about $20 per person. The zoo is nice as well. Baby bears, camels, lots of goats. The playground is pretty sketchy. The nativity scenes are very large, nice and life like. We would go back again

1 Thank Sethmanand54
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Fun filled day of nostalgia”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

My kids (4 and 19 months) had a BLAST! I loved that this place was the opposite of the mega-size, mega price amusement parks that we've become accustomed to. This kind of thing was fantastic for me when I was a kid, and clearly my kids love it too. Great rides for little kids, Santa was terrific, the magic show was really wonderful. There was lots of interesting animals for the kids to enjoy.
I think $20 per ticket was a great deal. I spent twice this much at the travelling fair, for half the fun and half the rides just last month. Kids under 2 were free.
My only criticism is that the concession food was very unappetizing. Burgers, corn dogs, sugary drinks - bleh.
We had a terrific day!