Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$91
$76
$69
Econo Lodge Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$74
River's Edge Motel(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$100
$79
$145
$119
$101
Fairfield Inn
Hampton Inn Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$114
$104
Hampton.com
Rodeway Inn & Suites On The River(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$72
RodewayInn
Super 8 Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$85
$77
Travelocity
$459
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsfree breakfastroom was cleandirectly across the streethot breakfastcherokee casinowould stay here againnice stayblue ridge parkwayyogurteasy accessget awayconvenient locationbryson citygravyfall
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 19, 2010

I am a platinum member for the IC Hotel Group. If you are one of the tourists who are only interested in the casino and don't care much about where you stay, this hotel will be fine. But for other, picky frequent travelers like myself who look at ratings and brands and location, let me forewarn you. You can paint [--] gold....but it's still [--]. First, I had a hell of a time trying to find it. Don't use any sort of GPS (car or phone). It will take you to a place in the forest out of your way. While they were able to accomodate my upgrade, there's nothing noteworthy about it. This property is still very much reflective of the properties 10 years ago. No work desk. Wired internet only. Soft water, which will leave you feeling slimy. Minimal amenities. Old furniture and fixtures in room. Old armoirs for old TVs. The most amazing thing, I thought, was that someone's dirty piece of clothing was on the floor in the corner. Not sure how housekeeping or housekeeping's supervisor missed that. The floors and walls are thin, so unless you're on the top floor with no one around you, you're going to hear all the casino rats. If you're looking for a good IC hotel with a good rating in Cherokee, sorry, you won't find it.

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled on business
4  Thank PremierPlatinum
Reviewed February 12, 2010

This hotel is ok. The clerk was nice enough to show me how the shower worked. The morning clerk was able to extend my check out until 1:30p.

The room was very clean. Wired internet access, that was not working for me. Not a big deal. The bathroom was unusually cold. The beds just adequate.

The location is a bit misleading because it's advertised as right next to the casino but I still had to use my car. It is a good 20 mins by foot, and by Nov it was well below 25.

This hotel has yet to undergo the Holiday Inn Upgrade (still using old logos) but I may come back to see if anything has changed.

• Stayed: November 2009, traveled solo
1  Thank cilneri
Reviewed January 4, 2010

The bathroom floor had hair in it and the towels were folded but appeared dirty! As if thats not bad enough I pulled down the covers an there was blood!! Yes BLOOD on the flat sheet this is completely unsafe place to say that the Lord we only had to stay for one night. I will never stay at a Holiday inn ever again.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 20, 2009

our stay there was extremely nice. our room was spotless and without fault. the staff was very nice. the only thing i would say negative about it was they could use a few more parking spaces. ive stayed in hiltons that were worse

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 14, 2009

Just returned from the Survivor Bike Rally this weekend which is an annual thing for us. We were originally booked at another hotel, who seemed to loose our reservation, and were referred to this one from a friend. Of course, after reading the reviews, we were a little bit worried that this stay would not be so accomodating. No worries though, we bought a cooler to keep in our room. So, no refrigerator...no problem! Yes, the ice bucket is in the bathroom. So what, we kept it on the desk. Paper thin walls...not on the 3rd floor. We slept just fine! The room was huge and very clean. Housekeeping was friendly. Good luck with the baby, Audrey. Breakfast was great, nice selection of items, and convienient too. No waiting in lines just to be seated. Thank you to the gentleman at the front desk on the night we checked in. It's deffinitely nice to see a friendly, smiling, welcoming face. First impression is everything! Parking was no problem...plenty of room for our trailer, car and bike. No problems with the Casino being across the street. Nicely located and easy to find. Lots of shops nearby and just a short trip to the fairgrounds. Would recommend this hotel to anyone. They have won our business and we will be back again next year!

• Stayed: September 2009, traveled as a couple