Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino
$76
$89
Econo Lodge Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$74
$129
$110
Fairfield Inn
Quality Inn(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$90
River's Edge Motel(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$79
$124
Hampton.com
Super 8 Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$85
$89
Travelocity
$329
  • Pool
All reviewsfree breakfastroom was cleandirectly across the streethot breakfastcherokee casinowould stay here againnice stayblue ridge parkwayyogurteasy accessget awayconvenient locationbryson citygravyfall
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Because of a previous stay at this hotel, I did not mind returning and was pleased with my one night stay except for the easy-to-hear conversation from adjoining rooms. However, It was a pleasant relief after learning from the hotel receptionist that the concert I had planned to attend the night I arrived had been canceled. The hotel also offered to let me cancel or keep the room. I chose to keep the room which allowed me to rest comfortably in a clean room to be ready for my return travel the next day.

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled solo
3  Thank rg712
Reviewed January 21, 2014

The hotel itself is nice enough, clean and tidy. Room was clean and comfortable, and the free breakfast was fine too. My big problem is noise. We could easily hear the conversations of the people in the next room, as well as their TV. I hate that. I don't know what Holiday Inn can do to fix something like that, so I won't be going there again. We were there for 1 night to visit the casino. This hotel is close enough to walk to the casino, but there's a Fairfield right in front of the casino. I would recommend you try that instead. We didn't want to pay over $300 at Harrah's, so this is why we did the Holiday Inn Express.

Room Tip: Bring a good set of earplugs.
  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
3  Thank mikeinflorida1507
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 5, 2014

Dear mikeinflorida1507,

Thank you for taking the time to provide feedback on your stay. It is unfortunate the noise levels prevented you from fully enjoying your time at the hotel. We are confident the necessary adjustments will be made, in order to achieve complete guest satisfaction.

Ben J

Reviewed January 5, 2014 via mobile

I've been coming to Cherokee for many years and I always stay at this Holiday Inn Express ... I usually use points unless I'm traveling on business and even with points they take great care of me.

The rooms are always clean and tidy and the staff is friendly and courteous. I can't speak much for the breakfast as I enjoy going to the local restaurants.

I will continue to return. ..

Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Superior_Dave
Reviewed January 4, 2014 via mobile

We stayed one night in a king suite and a two bedded queen suite.

The hotel itself is directly across from the Harrahs Casino which is the biggest attraction in town. There is plenty of free parking.

The front desk manager, David, could not have been more accommodating. He went out of his way to help us, particularly when one of the originally assigned rooms had the strongest stench of rotting bananas (we also found old bread rolls in the cupboard next to the fridge in-spite of the room appearing to have been cleaned).

A suite means you have an extra sitting area in the room with a small 'wet bar' with a fridge in it (no freezer in fridge). It is not divided from the sleeping area. Noise levels were typical but this hotel has the downside of casino visitors arriving back late and making a lot of noise in the corridors. We were woken twice.

The rooms are clean, the beds are comfortable, the floors were clean. However the wallpaper is peeling in places (particularly the bathroom) and the tiles need re-grouting. The fridge has seen better dates as has the paintwork. David mentioned they would be renovating shortly. I hope so - the staff were great, but they can only do so much.

We got a decent rate with AAA. We were acknowledged as club members and received a room upgrade.

The pool is outdoors and therefore was closed, so we didn't get to try it. Breakfast is included and is the usual fare - bacon, egg product omelets, pancakes, cereal, and muffins. It wasn't bad and it wasn't memorable. It was a great place to stop over in but I wouldn't stay for longer than that.

Stayed: January 2014
1  Thank PMayes
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 20, 2014

Dear PMayes,

Thank you for being an IHG Rewards Club member and for leaving us a feedback. We take our guest comments very seriously and always strive to provide comfortable and friendly accommodations. We are sorry for the shortfalls you have experienced during your stay. Your comments are highly valuable and will assist us in our continuous efforts to maintain and improve the service level we aim for. Rest assured, your comments will be used for review and actions will be taken accordingly to ensure similar incidents could be avoided.

Anthony M

Reviewed January 4, 2014

Girls weekend outing initial arrival was 11:00 pm our room was on the 2nd floor. The room appeared clean with exception of a strong smell of pesticide fumes. We were ready to hit the casino, so we'll left our bags packed on the floor and left the room. Arriving back at the hotel at 4:00 am, ready for bed, pulling back the sheets, soiled stained and pubic hair not on one bed but the other bed as well. We called the front desk in which she immediately came down, saw the bed was made without changing before new guest, she ordered room service for new sheets. I immediately requested to be moved into another room, if the sheets weren't changes. I'm sure the room wasn't properly sanitizes. The desk manager order no compensation but apologized for the room condition. There was a huge Bingo turn out all Hotels were booked. November 1-3rd during our stay. With the excretion of the room condition, the overall stay was well. That was my 1st visit to that particular Holiday Inn never had a problem at any other locations.

Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank Savvy B
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded January 19, 2014

Dear Savvy B,

I appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding your stay at our hotel. I was delighted to read that after some initial issues with the room you received, these were soon sorted and this allowed you to enjoy your stay with us. We will always endeavor to ensure that all our guests stays are comfortable.

Thank you for staying with us and we look forward to hosting you again on your next visit.

Joel B