Let me start by saying I used to work for IHG (Intercontinnental Hotels Group) and worked in the call center. I understand that not all places are great, so I always look at the reviews, the pictures and surrounding area ahead of time.
Having said that, I thought I was prepared for the stay. It wasnt horrible, but could have been better. We went on Labor Day weekend, so everything was bumper-to-bumper.
The hotel was suffiecient---the bed was comfortable enough, the room and bathroom were clean. My small complaints were that the bathroom ceiling and wallpaper were peeling (fine as long as nothing falls on me); there were some kind of flying insects on the bed when I woke up the last morning; NO BUSINESS CENTER--which is my own fault for not noticing, but still not that bad; and as far as the breakfast--stick to the dry food (toast, eggs, rolls, etc) The biscuits were overcooked and eggs were runny and undercooked.
Not too bad, we were fine with the overall stay. I wont be returning simply because of the location. Even with two gps systems and two sets of printed directions (from AAA and IHG.Com), it was hard to find. Saw only one Holiday Inn sign and that was only after a 30 minute "detour".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the Cherokee Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites be your center of operations when you visit the Cherokee area. Located at the entrance of Harrah's Cherokee Casino our brand new hotel is also just minutes from the Great Smoky National Park, trout fishing, whitewater rafting and Cherokee historical attractions. Our 93 room property not only offers beauty in landscaping and architectural design, it offers the latest in technology and superior customer service to make your stay a truly unique experience. Our spacious rooms are beautifully furnished and are equipped with high speed internet, state of the art telephone system with voice mail, remote control cable TV, irons, ironing boards and hair dryers. There are 16 suites and four ADA accessible rooms for those who might need expanded options. Your complimentary breakfast will be served in our beautiful two story Great Room which features a massive stone fireplace. You will enjoy working out in our well equipped fitness center overlooking our courtyard and pool area. When you visit Cherokee you don't have to gamble on comfort or convenience. At Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites great service is always a sure bet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Priceline, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/ Hotel Cherokee
- Holiday Inn Cherokee
- Cherokee Holiday Inn Express