My parents and I went to Cherokee and Maggie Valley for a spring vacation 3-day 2-night trip. We have stayed at Holiday Inn Express in Cherokee on several occasions. Our favorite thing this hotel offers is the hot breakfast. (I read the title of another reviewer incorrectly stating 'continental breakfast'.) The two mornings we stayed at this hotel the breakfast menu consisted of cheese omlets, bacon, hot biscuits and gravy, scrambled eggs, link sausage, and cinnamon buns (which were the best we've had in quite a while!). These were just the HOT items! They also offer hard boiled eggs, cereal, muffins, and assorted fruit. Of course they also offer coffee, juice, and milk.
Now to explain why I'm rating this hotel as 'average'. I made our reservation on-line and I printed out the confirmation to take with us. After we arrived at the hotel, my parents walked inside ahead of me as I had to get the confirmation out of a bag. When I walked up to the front desk, my parents were patiently waiting as the only front desk clerk on duty was on the phone. This was around 3pm, which is check-in time. When the young lady hung up the phone, I stated we would like to check in. The young lady looked at my parents and said something about they were before me. My parents told her we were all together. Then I told the front desk clerk I had made our reservation on-line and I had the confirmation paperwork, which I tried to hand to her but she wouldn't even look at it. She asked for my name to search their computer system for my reservation. All she had to do was look at the confirmation I tried to hand to her! When she asked if I wanted to pay for our 2 nights' stay with the credit card I made the reservation with, I explained my father would pay cash as he has a A.A.R.P. membership, which Holiday Inn Express honors for discounts. After my father paid cash for our room, we walked out to my car to get our luggage. My father asked if I got a receipt, which I did not. He asked this because when we stayed here 2 years ago, my father paid cash at that time and I had also reserved our room with a credit card. This hotel charged my credit card for 2 nights' stay even though my father had paid cash for our room! Even though I had already thrown away the receipt, a hotel manager took care of this problem as it was an error another front desk clerk made in their computer system. So, always get a receipt and hold on to it until you get your next credit card statement! Lesson learned!
When I walked back inside to the front desk to ask the young lady for a receipt, she told me it would be slid under our door on the day we check out. The receipt never arrived on the morning we were to leave. I had to go back to the front desk and ask for a receipt again. While I was waiting in line, the hotel's Chief Engineer was standing at the front desk. He asked if I was checking out and I explained I needed to get my receipt. I told the nice guy we had a few ants in our room. He grabbed a pen and paper and wrote our room number down. The same young lady (front desk clerk) was working and she announced, "Spring is coming!" She should have said, "I'm sorry to hear that" when I stated we had ants in our room. When I asked the front desk clerk about my receipt, would you belive she asked, "Didn't you get a receipt when you paid for your room?" Just in case the hotel manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino is reading this, her cashier number is 104. She REALLY needs to work on her customer service skills!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Let the Cherokee Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites be your center of operations when you visit the Cherokee area. Located at the entrance of Harrah's Cherokee Casino our brand new hotel is also just minutes from the Great Smoky National Park, trout fishing, whitewater rafting and Cherokee historical attractions. Our 93 room property not only offers beauty in landscaping and architectural design, it offers the latest in technology and superior customer service to make your stay a truly unique experience. Our spacious rooms are beautifully furnished and are equipped with high speed internet, state of the art telephone system with voice mail, remote control cable TV, irons, ironing boards and hair dryers. There are 16 suites and four ADA accessible rooms for those who might need expanded options. Your complimentary breakfast will be served in our beautiful two story Great Room which features a massive stone fireplace. You will enjoy working out in our well equipped fitness center overlooking our courtyard and pool area. When you visit Cherokee you don't have to gamble on comfort or convenience. At Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites great service is always a sure bet. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, IHG, Expedia, Hotwire, Odigeo, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Orbitz and getaroom.com so you can book your Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/ Hotel Cherokee
- Holiday Inn Cherokee
- Cherokee Holiday Inn Express