Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino
Quality Inn(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$140
QualityInn
Rodeway Inn & Suites On The River(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$108
$139
$118
Fairfield Inn
$134
Econo Lodge Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$129
EconoLodge
$166
$154
Super 8 by Wyndham Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$130
$199
  • Pool
Savings alert! 13% below average rates

The price you found is 13% lower than this hotel's average rate of $229/night.

All reviewsfree breakfastroom was cleandirectly across the streethot breakfastcherokee casinowould stay againnice stayyogurtget awayconvenient locationbryson citygravyfall
Reviewed January 25, 2013

I was looking for a hotel very close to Harrah's casino and in this respect the Holiday Inn Express fit the bill. It is only a five minute walk to the casino BUT you head out of the hotel, pass an empty overgrown lot and then have to cross the road. There is a crosswalk but believe me DO NOT count on any cars stopping to let you across. Playing chicken in the daytime was not too bad but I did not enjoy it once the sun went down. Even though the casino is right across the road, the road itself is not too well lit and at a couple of spots there is no sidewalk so I thought it was a little dodgy at night. I would not take the trek across to the casino on my own in the dark.
Now onto the hotel. Well, you get what you pay for. I booked online and got the online discount so two nights was $262 which includes breakfast. As other people had mentioned the walls are extremely thin. You could hear absolutely everything that was going on in the rooms on either side. The TV's, music, normal conversation was all heard. Both nights I was there I was woken by the TV's and conversations in adjoining rooms - I am just really grateful that that was all I heard if you get my drift.
The room was small but fairly clean although there was some rather nasty looking stain on the bedskirt - I should have mentioned it to the front desk - my bad. No room safe - I would have really liked that to keep all my winnings in - oh wait - I didn't have any - still would have really liked the safe.
The beds were comfortable and I would have slept fine in them if not for the noise around me.
Breakfast was so-so - there were a lot of folks in there and they seemed to run out of a lot of items quickly and it took a while to refill the trays. Basic breakfast.
All in all I have to say that the hotel suited my purpose which was to stay near the casino. Having stayed at the casino hotel (which is in a different class altogether) I would most definitely pick that as my first option.
In conclusion - basic hotel, fair price, no frills, close to casino............

Room Tip: As there is no room safe I would ask for room on second floor. Being on the ground floor I was a little more concerned over security. It might also be a better choice looking at the noise aspect.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino, responded to this reviewResponded February 13, 2013

Dear TheWebSlayer,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review about your recent stay with us. I am glad that you found the bed comfortable. On the other hand, I am sorry that you encountered some issues during your stay. I have taken note and wish to thank you for all your valuable comments. These are of great importance to us and allow us to monitor and improve our service continually.

Karen G
Case Manager
IHGCare

Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently spent a night at this Holid.ay Inn Express. Very helpful and nice staff. Clean rooms and good breakfast bar. Across from Casino, but several block walk. This whole place was very clean and well kept...and comfortable bed and chairs made relaxing easy. TV had 4 HBO channels. Cost for the night was over $125.00 posted on door was $169.00 in case of abuse by guest, I have always supposed. But, it was a holiday weekend and the hotel was booked solid and we could hear the folks above and on either side of us...thin walls I am supposing...we would stay there again...its a nice hotel...and we actually got a good night's sleep...woke up once with the stomping noise from room above...on each side only made noise during the daytime.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor...if possible...no noise coming from above.
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't know how anyone ever stays at Harrahs because its ALWAYS booked! Anyway, a friend recommended this place since its right across street from Harrahs entrance. It was very clean with a friendly staff. Not a luxury hotel or anything, rooms kind of small, but perfectly fine for what we needed. Only complaint was walls are thin, could hear television next door. Free breakfast and coffee was a nice bonus. I read smoke complaints on here but I never smelled anything.

• Stayed: August 2012
Reviewed January 1, 2013

Clean and pleasant his hotel offered us a good traveling experience. Looking for a hotel near the Harrah's Casino Cherokee, this Holiday Inn was exceptionally clean, easy to find, and across the street from the Casino. Other reviewers had panned the hotel, but location was key, and we were nicely surprised that the entire hotel was spotless, the baths and rooms plainly but nicely appointed, and the staff helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, away from traffic.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank keith r
Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to Cherokee a couple of weekends ago for a high school cross country regional event. We had points so stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar was good, too! For those wanting to go to the casino, it is an easy walk across the street. We went over there to find a restaurant for dinner and ate at Brio Tuscan Grill which was great!!! We'd definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express again if we have reason to go to Cherokee.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family