“Nice Rooms, helpful staff, good breakfast bar Near Casino. Thin Walls” 4 of 5 stars
Review of Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino

Holiday Inn Express Cherokee/Casino
Ranked #14 of 29 Hotels in Cherokee
Radford, Virginia
“Nice Rooms, helpful staff, good breakfast bar Near Casino. Thin Walls”
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

Recently spent a night at this Holid.ay Inn Express. Very helpful and nice staff. Clean rooms and good breakfast bar. Across from Casino, but several block walk. This whole place was very clean and well kept...and comfortable bed and chairs made relaxing easy. TV had 4 HBO channels. Cost for the night was over $125.00 posted on door was $169.00 in case of abuse by guest, I have always supposed. But, it was a holiday weekend and the hotel was booked solid and we could hear the folks above and on either side of us...thin walls I am supposing...we would stay there again...its a nice hotel...and we actually got a good night's sleep...woke up once with the stomping noise from room above...on each side only made noise during the daytime.

Room Tip: Stay on the second floor...if possible...no noise coming from above.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 stars
    • 5 of 5 stars

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
Knoxville
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 23, 2013

I don't know how anyone ever stays at Harrahs because its ALWAYS booked! Anyway, a friend recommended this place since its right across street from Harrahs entrance. It was very clean with a friendly staff. Not a luxury hotel or anything, rooms kind of small, but perfectly fine for what we needed. Only complaint was walls are thin, could hear television next door. Free breakfast and coffee was a nice bonus. I read smoke complaints on here but I never smelled anything.

• Stayed August 2012
Raleigh, North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed January 1, 2013

Clean and pleasant his hotel offered us a good traveling experience. Looking for a hotel near the Harrah's Casino Cherokee, this Holiday Inn was exceptionally clean, easy to find, and across the street from the Casino. Other reviewers had panned the hotel, but location was key, and we were nicely surprised that the entire hotel was spotless, the baths and rooms plainly but nicely appointed, and the staff helpful. I would stay there again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the back side, away from traffic.
  • Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank keith r
North Carolina
4 of 5 stars Reviewed November 10, 2012

We went to Cherokee a couple of weekends ago for a high school cross country regional event. We had points so stayed at the Holiday Inn Express. It was clean and comfortable. The breakfast bar was good, too! For those wanting to go to the casino, it is an easy walk across the street. We went over there to find a restaurant for dinner and ate at Brio Tuscan Grill which was great!!! We'd definitely stay at the Holiday Inn Express again if we have reason to go to Cherokee.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled with family
2 of 5 stars Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

I reserved a std room via web site requesting nonsmoking room. When I arrived there were none available (despite Platinum member) and was offered a nonsmoking executive suite 'discounted' at $150, 50% more than my reserved room was to cost. The room was okay but I could not sleep due to cigarette smoke invading my room. This 'nonsmoking executive suite' had a connecting room next door. Also, at 2 AM, my considerate neighbors turned their tv on LOUD for 1 1/2 hour. I had to open 2 windows to try to get fresh COLD air in to flush out the smoke - it did not work very well. MISERABLE night.
Breakfast has less variety than any other HIX I have stayed in (I have spent 5 of the past 7 weeks in HIX around the country). Tables were dirty, oatmeal had no variety.
The fitness room was the sparsest I have seen in a hotel with visibly cheap equipment and only 3 pieces of them.
I received no recognition as a platinum member.
I will not return to this hotel again, and do not recommend you stay here, either. Little sleep, more money out of my pocket, unhealthy conditions = stay somewhere else.
As a side note I notice customer service people respond to these complaints (there are many for this hotel) with nothing other than apology. I would like to know what is being DONE in response. Money refunded would be appropriate. Reconsidering the archaic smoking policy requires reconsideration.

Stayed November 2012, traveled on business
6 Thank World H

Travelers are raving about these Cherokee hotels

Cartersville, Georgia
5 of 5 stars Reviewed October 18, 2012

We have stayed here before and they are consistent with their customer service and quality of stay. It is in a great location across the street from Harrah's Casino so all you have to do is walk across the street.

• Stayed October 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank TLP60
Dayton, Tennessee
4 of 5 stars Reviewed September 28, 2012

My husband and I checked in on a Thursday not sure from all reviews what to expect. I have a mobility issue that causes us a lot of problems when we travel. The desk clerk was amazing and upgraded us to a suite that was handicap acessible. The room was huge, the bathroom also very big. The tub is a bit high for me to get in and out of easily, but then anything over 2" is a stretch for me. I did manage ok and there are plenty of grips inside to hold on to. The shower head is very low so that was a challenge to hold on for balance and hold on to spray my head. The bed is firm, but comfortable and a lil high, but also doable. Over all it was a good trip, one of the better ones. Holiday Inn is not Harrah's by any stretch of the imagination but it was nice, comfortable and reasonably priced.

Room Tip: We stayed in room 222 and loved the view and the peace and quiet.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple