Econo Lodge Cherokee
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
$91
$76
$69
River's Edge Motel(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$100
$79
$149
$145
$119
$101
Fairfield Inn
Hampton Inn Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$114
$104
Hampton.com
Quality Inn(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$90
Rodeway Inn & Suites On The River(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$72
Super 8 Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$85
$77
Hotwire.com
$459
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleancontinental breakfastwithin walking distanceyogurtmovie theatershort drivewould stay here againan older hotelfront desk staffbryson citymini fridgeharrah's casinonon smoking roomconvenient locationeasy accesssmokiesrates
FilterAll languages
Reviewed January 23, 2009

Will never stay in any of “Econo Lodge” hotels ever again!!

Our trip was scheduled for Dec. 24/2008, also my wife’s Birth Day. Due to unexpected financial changes we had to forget about our trip to “Econo Lodge” Cherokee, NC. And because it was creasy time around Christmas holidays I forgot to cancel our reservation with “Econo Lodge” in Cherokee, NC.

Was not surprised to see that my credit card was billed for the service I didn’t use but what really upsets and angers me is the hotels management un-wiliness to do the right thing for the customers. Even after several phone calls to the hotel and conversation with hotel’s manager Susan, explaining that my wife lost her job and we had to cancel our trip, I was unable to get any money back or a hotel credit.

Instead I received a letter from hotel manager Susan saying that they cannot find my cancelation number and can’t help me. How lame is that! I have never said I canceled it. Just was hoping they would be human and understand why I failed to cancel and give me a refund. But who was I kidding.
They all just money hungry, heartless individuals.

Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank msivyi
EconoCherokeeMgmt, General Manager at Econo Lodge Cherokee, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2011

We are sorry this guest did not understand the motel's holiday cancellation policy. Had the guests taken a second to cancel this reservation in advance of the arrival day we would have been happy to cancel for them. However, on a busy holiday weekend when we actually held the room and did not therefore have the opportunity to rent the room we would loose revenue by cancelling the room after the fact. No business could function if this were the common practice. TIP: when needing to cancel a reservation most motels are happy to do so even if
it is in violation of the cancel policy. If the guest is responsible by taking a moment by calling the motel to make the cancellation so the room can be released back into inventory to be rented. Thank You!

Reviewed November 2, 2008

We had gone to see the leaves and just have a get-away. We stayed in room 115. It is on the bottom floor.The room was nice and clean. We had a coffee pot, hair dryer and small fridge in our room.The hotel itself is in a great location! No matter which way you needed to go ,you could turn out of the driveway at a light.The staff was nice and very helpful. When we was leaving my windshield was dirty. The house keeper let me use her windex and rag to clean it.They all made us feel at home. This is one of the quietest places we have stayed at. We stayed for 2 days. I will stay there again! I do recommend eating at Granny's Kitchen. It has a buffet bar with different meats and veggies.

• Stayed: October 2008, traveled with family
    • Check in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
4  Thank linda28457
Reviewed August 26, 2008

I picked this place because I was traveling with a group of four (my sister and her young adult kids) and I wanted as many beds as possible for a reasonable price. The Econo Lodge delivered as we had 3 Queen beds for slightly under $90 in August. From the outside, the place looks like a typical cheap motel and the room smelled very musty, but once I aired it out and we saw the view of the river from the room it was fine. This is within walking distance of the "Unto These Hills" shows but is across town from the casino.

The breakfast is the usual unspeakable motel breakfast of donuts and coffee so we went to the casino instead where they serve a very good breakfast.

This place is fine for a short stay.

• Stayed: August 2008
Reviewed July 2, 2008

I stayed at this hotel twice. The first time was in March of 2006, and the experience I had was quite nice. It is nothing fancy, but-as said by others- the location is wonderful, and the rooms were fine for the evening. Then I returned in June of 2007, and the experience was not quite as nice. There was a crack under the door which was of a significant size and little bugs quickly filled the room. They were everywhere! I had to sleep with the TV on in order to keep them over in that part of the room and away from me. My friend mentioned it the next morning to the front desk, and it was as though they did not believe us, and there was no discount offered. My 2007 experience was not nice at all, and that was enough to make me not want to return again.

• Stayed: June 2007, traveled with friends
1  Thank lily0411
Reviewed June 23, 2008

We were staying in Cherokee for 3 nights for a Bluegrass Festival & chose the Econo Lodge based on reviews I read on Tripadvisor. This motel was a good choice.. When I booked the room on their website, I asked for a room on the ground level & a room with a frig. We did not get a room on the ground level, but did get a room with a mid-sized frig. The front desk staff was very friendly; in fact one of the nicest I have ever had at a motel. Said there was always someone there at the front desk. The room was on the second floor (no elevator, although there was a handicap ramp to the 2nd level). The rooms are not connected to the motel office. You have to go outside to get coffee or brreakfast. The room had a small round table with 2 chairs, low dresser which the tv was on & a mirror over the dresser. Bathroom had sink, toilet & good shower. The room was one of the cleanest we have been in. Small shampoo & conditioner provided, hair dryer & in-room coffee pot, clock & mid size refrigerator. We had a room with 2 double beds. Wall A/C, which was a bit noisy, but I didn't mind the noise. There was an information rack in the motel lobby. There were also large containers of flavored coffees available all the time. That was a nice plus in the morning, as I like vanilla flavored coffee. The breakfast was nothing special - donuts, microwave oatmeal & cold cereals. The 1st morning we went for breakfast across the street to Grandma's Pancake & Steak House. Do not go there unless you are really desperate. The food was terrible. There is also a KFC across the street. The next morning we went to Peter's Pancakes & Waffles. You have to drive there, but worth the drive. Go straight through the light in front of the motel on 441N about 1 1/2 miles up the road on the right. Delicious breakfast. Nothing fancy, but it was good. The motel is within walking distance to downtown . Not much there but souvenir shops. I do remember a Pizza Hut & a Subway. We did not go to the casino, but did pass it. Also near Museum of the Cherkee Indian & the Oconaluftee Indian Village. We enjoyed our stay here & will return next year.

• Stayed: June 2008, traveled as a couple