“GLAD IT'S BACK!! Better MUCH Better than PD's.”
Review of Selu Garden Cafe

Selu Garden Cafe
Ranked #5 of 47 Restaurants in Cherokee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast
Dining options: Breakfast
Reviewed October 14, 2013

They shut down Paula Dean's because of all the hype and personally I didn't see what was so great about it, nothing I couldn't make better at home. They re-opened Selu Garden and I am soooo glad. I could eat there our whole trip every meal and be very happy. All their dishes are so delicious that it's hard to decide. It's all yummy so you can't go wrong. Great service and atmosphere as well and convenient to take a break from the Casino without leaving the building. Can't wait to go back in January!!

Reviewed October 14, 2013

The large open feel to this place was a really nice place to relax for a nice lunch. It offers either a small buffet choice or choose from the menu. We choose from the menu. I got a great large burger and fries. My husband got the club sandwich that was so large he was shocked. he loved it. Highly recommend this place.

Reviewed October 13, 2013

This restaurant is located inside the Harrah’s Casino so we took a break from gambling to have dinner. We decided to give the Selu Garden Café (it was the Paula Deen’s Restaurant the last time we were here) a try and we made a good decision. We decided to try the dinner buffet and we were well pleased with the selection of food and the quality of the items. They had several meats, including fish and chicken, to choose from and a really good selection of vegetables, breads, and salad fixings. For dessert they only had red velvet cake but it was really tasty. No where near the amount of selections that some of the chain buffet restaurants have but it was very impressive. Very nice restaurant with great service and the price of the buffet was reasonable. If we go gambling here again we'll definitely eat at Selu’s.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

The Selu Garden and Cafe has moved into the Paula Dean location and doing well. Place hasn't changed but the menu has a few new items. Not all the clutter at the cashier as before. Everyone was all smiles and the meal was very good. Pricing was like before so no real change there. We had breakfast and enjoyed the meal and talking to our server about the changes. If you are in Cherokee NC you can try the restaurant and hope you enjoy. We will be planing another trip to the casino and stopping at Selu Garden. You might be interested in the history behind the name and her influence on corn.

Reviewed September 1, 2013

My wife, daughter and I ate at the new Selu Garden Restaurant tonight. This is the restaurant that replaced Paula Deens Restaurant. The buffet was very disappointing. The hostess told us about the Buffett as we were being seated. They were charging 19.95 for the Buffett including your drink. They had prime rib which really looked good as we walked by. We sat down and ordered drinks and I proceeded to the Buffett. The chief was cleaning the table where the prime rib was being cut. I asked when they were going to have more out and he said that was it for the evening. It was 7:30! He said they would be discounting the price for the Buffett. They had a couple of fried chicken wings, and soggy fried cat fish, and a few crumbs of fried shrimp. I decided to get a salad from the bar and wait for some fresh food. The problem is they finally threw some more fried shrimp out and they were nasty and greasy. I could not eat them. I finally told the waitress that the Buffett was un acceptable and I would take a Reuben sandwich instead. My wife ordered that as well. The sandwiches were good not the best I've ever had but good. My daughter had a macaroni dish with shredded chicken she liked it as we'll. They credited my Buffett and apologized. The other crazy thing about the restaurant was we had to wait 15 minutes to be seated, but once we got in we found several empty tables. I'm not sure if they were just understaffed for a Sunday night and could not keep up in the kitchen and dining room. Needless to say we won't be back anytime soon.

1  Thank troy p