“Don't Believe the Hype”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Cherokee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed June 7, 2013

Well, my wife and I are retired, in our 60's, and had always longed to experience what advertising told us was THE esoteric dining experience. I got lucky at roulette, and took us to Ruth's Chris in the Harrah's Casino at Cherokee, NC. Unfortunately, the hype is simply NOT true. The table setting was immaculately, perfectly presented. That was the best part of the meal. The bread was not warm enough to melt butter. The steak was cooked to order, but was tough and had very little flavor. Talk about disappointment - this was it. The server was pleasant, very attentive without being invasive of our privacy. But the hype about Ruth's steak ? Forget it. I'm glad we finally visited, and I'm totally over it now. Advice? Buy a thick-cut ribeye at Kroger and slap it on your own grille at home ! ! !

Reviewed May 28, 2013

Always a good meal at Ruth's Chris, but I would have to say that given the choice, I would choose to eat at Brio-dinner was a third of the price, and even better!

Reviewed May 28, 2013

The steak is very good, my steak/shrimp cooked exactly right and the steak very tender. The service was excellent. However, the salad left a lot to be desired, soggy croutons on the bottom, mostly wilted greens with a small grape tomato cut in half. Left most of it on the plate. Bread was very good. Sides: mushrooms were very good, mashed potatoes ok and creamed spinach not so good. Overall, just not worth over $50 per person. For the price and food, I will return to Outback instead.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

I may not be a foodie......... and I can only actually say that this was an amazing place to eat.
we had a $100 food credit (I think laws regarding being on a reservation wont allow you to use it on alcohol?) most of the menu is ala cart,but they do have a semi price fixed option of entrée,side and a desert. which runs approx. $49 per person,we both had the ribeye ,I chose a 16oz $4 extra. a side of mashed potatoes.both so full of flavor that as I think back,maybe I should say it was the best steak I ever had?
with no room for desert the server did a great job of bagging it up in a 1st class way,including forks and non tacky looking doggie bag .

price for 2 including 2 mojitos came to $140.00? not including tip.

btw ,prix fix menu also had an amazing salad.
I can say this place is a must for anyone looking for a top shelf dinner while staying at harrahs Cherokee.

Reviewed May 20, 2013

the night we were there 2 of the people in our party had steaks cooked completely opposite to how they were ordered. The table beside us had a problem too. At least he was comped a dessert. We weren't. Overall another Cherokee entitlement. The wait staff are there to be tipped.