“Last Minute Find”

Ruth's Chris Steak House
Reserve with OpenTable
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 47 Restaurants in Cherokee
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed April 9, 2013

We were in NC visiting our mother and came upon the Harrah's in Cherokee on the internet looking for something to do. finding a ruth's chris there was icing on the cake. a great end to a great visit.

There are newer reviews for Ruth's Chris Steak House

Reviewed April 1, 2013

I must say this is one chain restaurant that never disappoints. I have been to several.. and despite small variations, always tasty.

The Cherokee, NC location was no different. The food was very good and our server, Alex, was excellent. I decided to try the spicy lobster appetizer and it was delicious. My steak was cooked perfectly. This is the first time I have ever seen my husband close his eyes when taking a bite of steak... He said it melted in his mouth. The side dishes are pretty much American classics but take a slight gourmet spin that is always appreciated.

My only complaint was the hostess. She was rude, arrogant and made us feel as though we were not welcomed there. We had a reservation for 8:15... we made it at 8:30 as we are not from town and got lost... wouldn't you know no reception on the mobile either... So when she looked at the seating chart as if there was no room.. I advised her that we did have a reservation. To which she replied with an attitude and a smirk.. Your reservation was actually at 8:15... I asked her if we should eat elsewhere.. and she said no that our table was held for us... IF that was the case.. why all the theatrics...!?

If not for her, the review would have been perfect. But just ignore her and focus on the food.

1  Thank tb0027
Reviewed March 27, 2013

Arrived at the Harrahs Casino during a big snow storm for a birthday trip. Decided to enjoy a visit to the highly acclaimed Ruth's Steak eatery. After a 6 hour drive, the last two in a blizzard, we went to the restaurant (7:00 pm). The casino itself was a ghost town (Monday, snowstorm, etc.) & from the hostess station (3 hostess on duty), I could see at least 5 empty tables. However, we were told there would be at least a 45 minute wait.....REALLY!!!!!.....There weren't a dozen people inside. So, I sat at a slot machine across from the restaurant hostess stand and waited. One couple arrived at 7:30 pm & were immediately seated. Not a single person left the restaurant. At 7:45 pm we approached the hostess stand and after the young lady finished her cell phone conversation, we were invited in.......bottom line: two very small filets, two baked potatoes, & one bottle of wine totaled $177.00. I took a stroll around the restaurant just before we were served, and counted 7 couples & more than a dozen empty tables....never again.

1  Thank Grady A
Reviewed March 21, 2013 via mobile

The filet was more medium rare than the medium requested. The potatoes au gratin were almost raw and had to be sent back. While it was still good enough to eat there again, I must say overall, it wasn't as good as the location in Greensboro, NC.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

The food was great - as it should be for the price. The service was lackluster and the bartender didn't know how to find the NCAA Bball tournament on the TV which was kind of annoying. Overall, this was exactly what Ruth's Chris usually is: the food is great, the service is okay, and the price is extremely high. All of that aside, I appreciated being able to get a great meal with fresh, unprocessed ingredients, while traveling in an area that doesn't have many healthy choices.