“Mandara Spa”
Review of Mandara Spa

Mandara Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: Come and indulge in our 18,000-square-foot spa! Harrah’s Cherokee Casino Resort is Mandara Spa’s newest location, the only one of its kind set in the verdant hills of North Carolina. Visitors of the resort will find an exotic Balinese inspired menu that features the professional Elemis spa-therapy brand for results-focused face and body treatments. As well as Mandara signatures such as the Balinese Massage and Balinese Body Scrub, Mandara Spa at Harrah’s Cherokee has created both a face and body treatment that infuses herbs from the Native American Pharmacopeia celebrating the native heritage of the resort. These exclusive services include the Lavender Healing Repair Facial which uses Lavender, a key healing herb used in Native American ceremonies to soothe, relax and restore, and the Juniper Berry and Algae Detox which uses Juniper Berries also used in Native American ceremonies to dispel negative energy and purify the environment. We urge you to try them both! Mandara Spa at Harrah’s Cherokee also offers specific treatments and packages for men, including the Mountain Escape for Men, promising a dose of euphoria with a traditional Deep Tissue Massage followed by an Elemis Skin IQ for Men Facial. Couples can also share the experience and indulge in the Sacred Feather Ritual for Two inclusive of a massage for each while laying side by side, a bathing ritual in a large hydrotherapy bath, and champagne with chocolate treats. Guests for both spa and salon services check in at the main spa reception located on the second floor. Also on the second floor is the salon, which offers guests a complete hair and nail treatment menu, featuring a nail bar, pedicure thrones, and styling stations. To enter the spa’s quiet zone, guests will take the spa elevator down to the first floor men’s and women’s changing rooms equipped with showers, amenities, lockers and robes before entering wet areas with sauna and Jacuzzi pool. Also featured is a co-ed relaxation lounge where guests can prepare for their treatments creek side, as well as two couple suites, complete with a large hydrotherapy bath that is shared by both the suites.
Reviewed June 2, 2013

Perfection. We had the Sacred Feathers couples massage and it was lovely. The relaxation room and balcony were beautiful. This spa is still working out a couple of issues because it is new. Mandara is definitely the highlight of the trip. The casino is smoky and so is the hotel. To get a breath of fresh air, go to Mandara.

3  Thank 31Belle

Reviewed April 11, 2013

Mandara spa is terrible unprofessional staff the pedicure was horrible they were slow and not knowing how to take care of clients needs technitians that didn't just graduate school will not be goin back ever the casino and food was great but the spa I could have done better job myself at home

3  Thank Toomuchfun007
Reviewed March 12, 2013

To start off, I want to say how amazing the staff of this spa was. From the time I walked in to the time I walked out. Everyone from the people at the front desk to the people downstairs and the technicians doing my services. For it to be a small town, I'm glad some of the people are from the surrounding area! The accents are great.
The facilities are wonderful. I recommend the hot stone chairs to anyone. I could've stayed in there all day.
My massage was better than I expected and I walked out feeling completely relaxed. My facial was also awesome and my face felt and looked fresh for weeks.
I didn't get to get a mani/pedi like I had originally planned because the salon was full. But it is an excuse to go back!
The prices are a little high, but hey! Its a spa what do you expect. I cannot wait to go back and feel like Ill be a regular there.

3  Thank queenbea12
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I went to the mandara spa in february of 2013. It was a joke from the start. the facilities are lovely and it has the potential to be a wonderful spa, but the service leaves a lot to be desired. They need to hire professionals--not kids from the surrounding mountains-- if they are going to pull this off.

First off, I arrived early for a pedicure, manicure and massage. I was taken downstairs to the relaxation area by an employee. The employee said they would come and get me for my mani/pedi-- but no one ever did. I finally went back upstairs to the desk to inquire. I was escorted over to the peidcure chair-- which was broken. There was an extra open pedi station but the girl just said "oh, sorry-- the massage chair is broken" and left it at that.

The nail salon is on the main level and is open to the public. So there I was....sitting in a pedi chair with only a spa robe on for all the world to see. It shocked me that the mani/pedi area was so public and I felt as if i was on display. it was very uncomfortable.

The girl who did my pedi hurried through it. She put disposable flip flops on me instead of spa shoes at the end. My feet are no better off today than they were before i wasted my money.

The music in the salon was terrible- even playing "Gorilla" by Bruno Mars which has tons of profanity in it. The youngster who did my pedicure had no clue what she was doing and muddled her way through it. When my friend was exiting the pedi station, she grabbed onto a support pole for stability and the entire 12 foot wooden beam dislodged from the ceiling and fell toward the floor. It almost hit the girl doing my pedi but my friend was able to catch it before it knocked the girl out. My friend lost 2 fingernails catching the pole. No one from the spa asked her if she was ok or offered to fix her broken fingernails. She had to ask for a nail file and clippers to repair her own nails.

I had ordered a bottle of champagne for my friend and I to share. The bottle was brought up with 2 plastic glasses. Not one single employee offered to open the bottle or pour the champagne. I had to get up from my pedi, open the bottle myself and pour it. That was terribly poor service.

When it was time for my manicure, the maintenance crew came in and began drilling and beating and banging to secure the wooden pole back to the ceiling. That was wonderfully relaxing- not!

My manicure was a tragedy. the girl who did it even poked fun at how short my nails were. I ended up refusing to pay for it. (The same youngster did my mani and pedi.) She didn't bother to push my cuticles back, trim them, nothing. She painted my nails quickly with a thick, goopy nail polish. She told me to sit for 5 minutes under a nail dryer. I ended up sitting there for 20 minutes. Finally I started to wonder if anyone was going to come get me for my massage.

Again, I went up to the desk to inquire. I was told that i was 20 minutes late, so they probably would not be able to do the entire 50 minute service. I told them that they had screwed up and left me waiting in the nail salon and that I WAS going to have the full 50 minute service. I was then taken downstairs again for a mediocre hot stone massage.

When my massage was over, my manicure looked like a kindergartner had done it. The paint had dried into a strange lumpy thick pattern. Another woman who also had an inferior quality manicure was lamenting in the locker room as well. We both refused to pay for the manicures.

I know this spa has only been open for a couple of months, but it won't ever get any better until they hire PROFESSIONALS to staff this spa. If you go, be prepared to spend A LOT of money for very low quality services.

8  Thank Heather H
Reviewed January 25, 2013

We visit this Casino at least once a month. It has become a nice Vegas looking new hotel. They also have a new spa that just opened. I am a spaaholic. I know not a word but true. This spa has outdone itself for being in a casino not in a large city. No it is not the Grovepark Inn but it is VERY NICE! Meredith did my pedicure and I was very impressed. The new chairs they have are awesome. They hold up your feet while they work on your heels. No more holding up your foot which I have always found this to be a fault in a pedicure but not with these new chairs.
I was given a tour of the spa and I can say it is as nice as some I have been to in Vegas. The relaxation room really nice and the new hot tub and chairs are very bright and uplifting. They also do hair at this spa. Do not miss out on this new gem.

3  Thank greattaste50