Great Smokies Inn
$91
$71
$65
River's Edge Motel(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$100
$79
Econo Lodge Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$62
Rodeway Inn & Suites On The River(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$67
RodewayInn
Hampton Inn Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$109
$99
Hampton.com
$119
$101
Fairfield Inn
Super 8 Cherokee(Cherokee)(Great Value!)
$80
$72
$67
$199
Travelocity
  • Pool
All reviewsroom was cleanfront deskpeter's pancakesquiet areareasonable ratesnight's sleepstay there againan older hotelharrah's casinofirst floorcomp roomflat screencoffee makerking bedshort driverocking chairsnorth carolina
FilterAll languages
Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

We were comp'd one night at this hotel through the casino. BIG MISTAKE!! The second night of our trip we were able to get into the casino. While unpacking there I realized I left my silk robe hanging on the back of the bathroom door at The Great Smokies Inn. I call of course and I'm told that in 30 mins housekeeping will be finished for the day and they should be able to give me an answer about my robe. That wasn't good enough. I got in the car and drove back over there. At that time they informed me that they had found my robe but it was "soiled" and their policy was to throw away all soiled items found in rooms. WHAT?? This was a silk robe. It wasn't soiled. It was very expensive. Whose hotel policy is it to find a personal item obviously mistakenly left behind and take it and throw it away? It cost over $100. So it either has to be this hotel has no honorable lost and found to speak of OR if you have mistakenly left something behind has this management given the green light to its cleaning staff to take what it wants. Maybe it's both? I had a silk robe. They allowed their cleaning staff to supposedly call it soiled and they claimed to have trashed it. I even offered to come over and look for a bit in their receptacles!! They assured me that they had already been picked up. They never offered anything other than "I'm sorry". I'm sorry too, sorry I stayed at your hotel. It stinks to be stolen from.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Paula P
Reviewed May 4, 2013

We were given a nights stay from Harrahs. We have stayed in several of the area hotels and this is the worst one so far. The rooms were clean and we didn't mind the TV not being a flat screen but the beds were very uncomfortable. The outside notice was bad. People were leaving in the morning early and you could hear every noise they made. Also, there is no continental breakfast.The employees were very nice but we want be staying here again.

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank ccowart01
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Hotel needs renovating. The rooms smell old. Still have tube television and reception of picture was terrible on some stations. Go during peak season when there is more to see and do other than going to the casino. Restaurants close early. But, there is a mini fridge in the room if you want to go to a local store for snacks.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Denise J
Reviewed September 2, 2012

I hate to give them such a bad review because I really liked the room. It was clean, the mattress was nice and firm, the TV was Hi-Def and had good cable service, the bathroom fixtures were in very good shape (one of my pet peeves), and my 6'+ husband liked the high shower head and bowed shower curtain. My problem was that my reservation got screwed up and they were not interested in helping at all. Yes I know I made the reservation through a third party, but they wouldn't even look at the confirmation I had. I saw their copy and none of the information matched what I was given. If they had just looked at my copy and admitted that there was a computer screw up I would have been mollified at least. But they knew it was well past the cancellation deadline, the entire town was booked, and there wasn't anything I could do about it at the time. They just wanted me out of the lobby.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
5  Thank mookster1338
Reviewed August 17, 2012

Room was very clean and pleasant and location, though beside a busy street, was very quiet. Room rate was good relative to competition. Pet friendly was a must for us. Be aware that your pet must be no more than 25 pounds (not a problem for us).

We were very pleased to learn that the hotel is "native American owned".

No breakfast is included in rate, but attached restaurant serves very good and reasonably priced breakfasts.

Grounds are nicely landscaped and maintained.

All in all, I recommend this hotel.

Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family