“Wonderful Inn”

Smoky Mountain Inn & Suites
Ranked #23 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed June 23, 2014

We did not have a reservation, but we were given a beautiful, fully equipped room. The staff was very welcoming and helpful with restaurant suggestions. The building was neat and clean. I loved the pool and hot tub. Our room was quiet and clean. Breakfast was a little disappointing, but there are so many places close by that it wasn't really much of an issue. And best of all was the price!! We stopped just a little bit down the road first and did not stay because of the price. We were so pleasantly surprised to find this place. We will certainly stay there again when we are in the area.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank CAROL P

Reviewed June 7, 2014 via mobile

I booked booking.yeah but think booking.no! I was told certain room type and when I checked in was not in what I booked. But the front desk clerk went above and beyond getting me in to the room I wanted! Hotel was clean maybe some updates here and there in the rooms but overall was good. Breakfast does lack what you are accustomed to. Staff great.

• Stayed: June 2014
1  Thank Don M
Reviewed May 27, 2014

We must say the reviews were a little weary... but we were welcomed by smiles from beginning to end. Our grandson whose 6 just finished Kindergarten so we thought we would give our daughter a break and take him for a weekend out. We are glad we chose here as to only because of price is right. There were 2 ladies at the desk Brittanie & Melanie and by far funniest/friendliest check in ever!! Our room was wonderful and room smelled like fresh laundry which over looked the swimming pool. My grandson (the flirt) had a blast. Everything was great we had good service housekeepers Alisha & Sonya took lovely care of us they lacked nothing at all!! Although whom ever does the breakfast food ordering should probably see if they would like Little Debbie's (chocolate cake) for breakfast and O.J was not what we are used to. The Breakfast is the ONLY thing we could complain about. That's why we enjoyed Peters Pancakes which Melanie highly recommended... Kudos to her and her staff. We have already booked our next trip and will recommend this hotel to family & friends!!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank Shirley B
Reviewed May 26, 2014 via mobile

I have stayed with smoky mountain inn and suites multiple times. Front Desk staff is wonderful. I have mainly been checked in or out by Meany. I have never seen her eat breakfast..Each stay when I have breakfast not only is the breakfast TV on but the lobby tv is on as well. Melanie talks to my 1 & 4 year old every visit. Do not believe. The bulls*** below. Staff was professional and Brittany was cleaning doors and windows when me stayed. We HIGHLY recommend this hotel our friends and family.

Stayed: May 2014, traveled with family
1  Thank LovelyBD
Reviewed April 30, 2014

SInce Jan 2014, We have stayed at the inn 5 times. Each time we are taken care well by the staff- especially Amber . I no longer book online , I call directly and make a specific request for our favorite room. The fact that the shuttle takes you to the casino is a plus!

Please note that this is not a luxury hotel. It is a safe, clean , good place to lay your head down hotel. I am more comfortable with a place that does not have a "drive unto the door" and feel very safe there! The bed is comfortable, I always bring my own pillow as I am super picky. Linens have have always been clean,. towels are certainly adequate and while the rooms are not generously stocked with them, anytime you want extra they are provided. Each room has a fridge , which is always good, as we travel with beverages and snacks. I do agree with other reviewers in that unless you want a high carb breakfast you should skip it , LOL !

Recently, this hotel was booked out and we stayed at another place close to the casino. OH MY- how we missed our simple room and the fun chit chat with Amber. FOr us, this is our number one pick for staying at Cherokee until we can finally get a chance to stay at Harrah's , which is already booked out for a year !!

• Stayed: April 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Kimberly B
Reviewed March 22, 2014

My wife and I wanted to try another hotel in Cherokee but boy we was in for a rude awakening. We travel all night and check in was at 3:00. We got there at the hotel at 1:00 thinking they may had a room clean so I went to the front desk and ask we have reservation can we check in now. The person was very nasty and rude and said 'CHECK IN IS AT 3:00 AND NOT BEFORE.". I said ok no problem we will just come back. We came back at 2:55 again the lady was loud and rude and said that "I SAID CHECK WAS AT 3;00". if I had not given them my credit card number to hold the room I would have cancell. Then The room was not all that, The bed was HARD and the bath tube was DIRTY. I will NEVER stay at this hotel again. We are going back to our regular hotel, the BEST hotel in Cherokee The Chestnut Inn.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Mark G
Reviewed March 21, 2014

My husband and I stayed here for a mini Spring Break vacation.

The rooms were clean, I didn't see any insects crawling about, and the beds were comfortable.

I agree with others who've reviewed here. The staff are not outright rude, but they're definitely not accommodating or friendly. I went wandering around the hotel looking for the ice machine, and the front desk woman was too busy talking on the phone to assist me.

The hot tub next to the indoor pool was broken, the pool is only five feet deep, and it's quite frankly a little creepy at night. The hallways reminded me a lot of The Shining, but that's my own hang up.

I think my biggest issue overall was that the breakfast was just disappointing in every way. We always stay at hotels with a free breakfast because it saves a little money that we can put toward activities. However, it was just too pathetic to consume. There were three types of cereal, a pile of bread, flat bagels,and prepackaged snack muffins the size of a ping-pong ball. For refreshments there was whole and %2 milk that looked a little questionable, an apple juice cocktail drink, and Sunny D. Come on now, Sunny D is not orange juice. I can't even.... But, for the money it was good enough for a single night.

• Stayed: March 2014, traveled as a couple