“It was an absolute awesome vacation and adventure.”
Review of Drama Inn

Drama Inn
Ranked #25 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Greenville, North Carolina
“It was an absolute awesome vacation and adventure.”
Reviewed May 22, 2010

I just could not believe some of the things I read in the last review I read about this place. It had me kind of nervous at first but let me tell you...when I got there I was nothing but mezmerized. We have rooms overlooking the river which was very peaceful. We could sit there in the rocking chairs and watch the other people fish and some just play in the water and having a good time. The surrounding of nature was just so beautiful. The staff was so nice and the rooms were so clean and if we asked for anything we got it right away. The service was just great. Everything was either in walking distance or either just a short drive away. It was so great. There was so much to do. I saw so much and did so many things til I was exhausted each evening and all I wanted to do was sit in those chairs and just watch the river flow and others have fun. I know I about drove the german lady in the office crazy because I kept going in there asking so many questions but she always greeted me with a smile and was always eagerly ready to help me with anything I or any of the ones with me needed. I wish I could say the same about all motels. People just are not that friendly anymore. This is a place I will definately be going back to again and I hope the same people are still there when I do go again. They made my trip so pleasureable. All it takes is one bad apple to spoil a good thing for the whole bunch but I must say...please try this place before you judge it one harsh review. I know I am so glad I did because I would have hated to know I would have missed out on all of the pleasures that I enjoyed during my stay there. Thank you so much to the staff and management at the Drama Inn for making us feel so at home. We will be coming to see you again for sure.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (18)
Duncan
Reviewed April 29, 2010

Below is what I wrote to the owners...in a letter! Please DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL.

Owners:
Our stay at your motel was awful. The room was very dirty, the floor was greasy and the shower had hait in it. I was afraid to step on the carpet without shoes. The TV remote did not work

Our reservation was for $65 for 4 nights. When I came in you told me $79 a night which is price jumping. The you tell me that I have to pay for the entire 4 nights up front, when it should have been for 2 nights because of the 48 hour cancellation time.

We left after 3 nights it was so aweful. So hope you enjoy your rip-off $79 free dollars and your extra rip-off $40 for price jumping $10 A NIGHT.

You and your motel are a rip off and you should close up and go out of business.

Signed,

Never Again.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
7 Thank PeanutBoy
dramainncherokee, Manager at Drama Inn, responded to this review, June 7, 2011
The Drama Inn is under new management !! We would like to sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced in the past and we will strive to make every stay a pleasant one. We have began rennovation on the office and rooms as well. We understand that since we are all different that it is impossible to satisfy everyone, but we can still try.
Thanks,
Drama Inn Cherokee NC

Travelers are raving about these Cherokee hotels

Georgia
Reviewed September 24, 2009

My husband and I took our daughter, who is two, to stay in Cherokee for 3 nights. The first night it was just the three of us, and the second night our brother was meeting us there so we needed double beds.We researched hotels before we went and from the looks of the outside we thought it would be a great choice. My husband went in to the front desk to book our room, and we were going to get that night which was thursday and the next night for then just in case our brother didn't show. The "rude lady at the desk" said that " if you book for friday then you have to pay for saturday too." my husband paid for thursday came back out relaid the message to me, we called our other guest who assured us he would be there to go ahead and book for both. My husband goes back in and she price jumped from $40 to almost $200 dollars because of the bike rally across the street, and she said they would need every room for the bikers, which was basically saying we dont want you here any way. He told her that was crazy he wouldnt pay that much, and we went down the road to the country manor inn, who by the way are very kind to there customers and don't jump there prices, and we got the last room they had for the weekend.

We returned to the Drama Inn, went to check out our room and the wall had WATER DAMAGE from the roof LEAKING, the bathroom was tiny and looked DIRTY, the shower was OKAY if you were only about 5" tall since the shoiwer head only came to right below our necks, and we had to duck down to shower. When we chacked out the next morning at 9:30 a.m the "rude woman at the desk" told us we were cutting our check out time pretty close, which we still had 30 minutes. So my husband looked at her and replied " No, and I wouldnt stay here 1 minute longer then I had to in this dump you want to charge outragous prices for.

I am glad we only had to stay in there for one night, and NEVER will we stay there again, all there hotel isnothing more then a rip off.

We did pass buy there the over the next few nights and there hotel was not fully booked as the country manor inn was, but they also had the entrance blocked off.

I would reccomend that you DO NOT stay in this hotel, the Country Manor Inn is a much better selection.

• Stayed September 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank nightowl417
ms
Reviewed September 19, 2009

Our friends stayed at the Drama Inn before, but this time the lady who runs the motel discriminated against us because we were rideing motorcycle.

Stayed September 2009, traveled with friends
1 Thank miltech
NC
Reviewed June 10, 2009

Stayed here in June of 2008 and understood it is an older motel and has issues. Was still willing to stay there this year....now, NEVER AGAIN!!! The owner was nice enough, but can grab an attitude in a heartbeat; she's not very customer service friendly. I did not make complaints because after seeing her in action, I knew it would be useless and a waste of my time. The rooms are very dark. Only one electrical outlet has 3-prong -- it's for the coffee pot and mini fridge. The bathroom door would not shut. The exterior door was flimsy. It had been broken (must have been the room that was broken into) and when checking to be sure the door was shut securely, it would give way...... There was a crack under that door that a rat could have easily gotten through. One bed was broken. The only good thing about that was it at least slanted in the right direction. When checking the room for things that may have fallen between the bed and wall, there was a lovely half-eaten, rotting, molded apple......that was no surprise as there was built up dirt surrounding the base of the bed. The woodwork around the door in the bathroom was rotting. The commode had to be babysat to be sure it flushed properly. The tiles in the bathroom were cracked on all 3 walls. There is no exhaust fan in the bathroom, and the window could not be opened -- hot shower meant steamy room! Friends staying there in a downstairs room were subjected to water flowing from the ceiling. The sink could not be used for more than a minute. It filled up with water and took forever to empty.

The good things? convenient to fairgrounds, Unto these Hills, on the river, otherwise, nothing!!!!!! It would be a good deal for $39 a night -- will be staying elsewhere from now on.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with friends
2 Thank campinstead
Reviewed May 30, 2009

I did ONLINE research for about 2 WEEKS before FINALLY deciding on the Drama Inn. I had narrowed my search to 5 hotels but 2 were ruled out because they accepted pets. I don't mind pets at all, other than loud barking but my main pet peeve (no pun intended) is FLEAS! If they are around, they will find me! So, because the Drama Inn did NOT accept pets and was a medium priced hotel with a river view, I chose that one.

I was MORE THAN pleasanty surprised to see that the door of one's hotel room (if on the 2nd floor) actually opens to the BACK of the hotel, which pleasanty had a great balcony and rushing brook with a nice breeze to step out into. Neighbors had different schedules so there was plenty of time to read solo on the rocking chairs, or say hi to another resident every now and then. A few people had tubes they floated on in the river behind the hotel and there were a few fishers up to their knees in water fishing behind the hotel as well. There were only a few kids playing in the water with their families so the atmosphere was relatively quiet and pleasant and not very crowded at all.

The most pleasant quality to the trip, however, was the congeniality of the hotel owner as she spent time sharing about some of the activities available in the area and how to get to the "island" or park behind the hotel which was great for running, walking, picnicking, volleyball and other relaxing activities.

• Stayed May 2009, traveled solo
1 Thank CozyTripFinder
Sweetwater, TN
Reviewed May 1, 2009

The Owner of this Hotel Ms. Laverne Bennett does not hold her guests in high regard. We stayed here for 3 nights in April 2009 for the Motorcycle Rally. The Rally was located directly accross from the Inn. It was quit expensive averaging $189/nite. Upon arriving back at our room on the final night of our stay we found our room had been broken into with the intruders kicking the door in and sheering the locking mechanism off of the door. We called Ms. Bennett who seemed irritated that we had woken her. She told us we could shove a chair under the door as she had no on on staff to fix it and she would call the police. We asked the next morning if she would deduct some off the final nights stay. She refused. My fiancee' had to dismantel the lock on the bathroom door so that we could actually have a room that would lock as there were no vacancies elsewhere in town. If we had been staying at a professionaly ran Inn they would have gone out of there way to ensure our stay was pleasant and comfortable. We have moved our business to the Comfrot Inn and Suites down the road. I would not stay here again if it were the only choice in town. Buyer beware!!! What total disappointment!
Bikers beware as well - she has a very sterotypical mindset of those of us who choose to ride. She told me that was just the risk we assumed when we chose to stay so close to the event with the amount of drugs and alcohol that were involved over the weekend. She also said she would not file the claim on her property and casuality insurance and never once did she apologize for the inconvience. However, the Cherokee police were most pleasant and hoped that this experience would not soil our view of the area and hoped we would return for a future visit.

We really thought we had wandered upon a hidden gem as our room was very secluded with a wonderful view of the river and the ducks nearby. There was a survelliance camera overlooking our deck so we felt very safe. We later found out the camera was fake!! What a pity!

I can not believe she actually expected us to stay in a room that would not lock after being robbed and did nothing to try and compensate us. I think the least she could have done was personally step out of her room to ensure we were ok - as you might imagine my nerves were shot. Instead my fiancee' had to dismantel the bathroom door knob with a souvenir "swiss army" knife that I purchased for my Son. Thank God as the theives took all our tools that we usually keep on the bike!

You want Drama? Stay at the Drama Inn!!!
M