All reviewsoutdoor poolgreat campgroundbath housedeluxe cabintravel trailerbunk bedscamp storebig cove roadmingo fallsdog parkrv siteslabor daywi fihot tubfire pitlong weekendmaggie valley
Reviewed June 24, 2010

Our site was $56 a night, plus $3 resort fee(?), plus $6 tax, plus $7 for internet service - it adds up to EXPENSIVE. The deluxe pull-through site was nice. There are older and newer sections in the campground and the newer ones are much nicer. The bathrooms were the biggest letdown. First, they are old. They were also dirty when we arrived in the afternoon and they were not cleaned overnight or the next morning. We left a day early and went to Gatlinburg.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank edgar1525
Reviewed April 4, 2010

We arrived and checking in was an experience. Noone knew what they were doing. Then we had to find out own way to the kabin even though we had never been there. The kabin door had huge gap like to have not got it open and it took 2 people to lock and unlock it. The floor was not clean. The grounds outside had not been cleaned. Then there was the bath houses. Never was clean then to try and shower. That was a night mare. Needed a life vest just to try and showere. Sometimes there was no hot water. This was an expensive and terrible experience.

• Stayed: April 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank mawmaw60
Reviewed March 18, 2010

we were there and thought it to be clean. The host didnt even take us to our place. We never saw him hardly except when he wanted to press the rules. The prices at the store were out rageous I guess they knew in an emergency wer would have to buy something. we watched as one lady with 2 dogs just let them poop anywhere instead of the pet walk and never pick it up. NO one picked up the poop at the pet walk either. We walked our pet there. They warned about picking up after your pet . We were here for 2 months and i used over 100 bags for my pet.We wanted some family members to come and stay for a few days but the cabins are too expensive to have nothing but beds. The bigger cabins that have a bath are too much too. MOst of the washers were broken which is unbelieveable for a place as big as that. It was not a pleasant experience. Next time we will stay the KOA in Gatlinburg/Pigeon Forge area.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank buffalowoman
Reviewed October 11, 2009

This was my second trip to KOA this year. We had five adults, three teens, and one toddler. We had a great time. This was the first time visiting Cherokee KOA for two of the adults, and they loved it too. The group is already planning a one week vacation back at the facility. We all started out at our favorite tent sites, but we ended up upgrading to one room cabins because of rain on the second day. The staff was extremely helpful as usual, especially Victoria. This was my first time staying in a cabin, and I did not have any problems. Prior to moving our things into the cabin, I search high and low for the infamous bed bugs, but I didn't find any. Also, all of the mattresses were in thick vinyl covers that had zippers on them. Our group rented more than one cabin and none of us had any problems. Also, we didn't have any bug bites in the morning. I would definitely rent a cabin again. Some of us even rented bedding from the KOA and didn't have any problems other than the bedding being old, especially the blankets. I definitely suggest bringing your own linens. Some of the bathhouses are old, but the newer bathhouse is a lot better. The newer bath house has continuous hot water showers inside the bathroom area. If you are looking for a four or five star hotel experience, this facility is not for you. However, if you are looking for a nice family camping facility, give this KOA a try.

• Stayed: October 2009, traveled with family
Reviewed August 16, 2009

We love the Cherokee KOA and this weekend we stayed two nights in a kabin. Morning after the first night I noticed a few spots of blood on our sheets (we brought our own). I figured we scratched mosquito bites and let it go at that. Last night I woke at four-thirty in the morning and felt things crawling on me. I woke my husband, he turned on the light and we were swarming with bed bugs! Needless to say, we showered, packed our things that were not on the bed (we left everything that had touched the bed: pillows, a blanket, sheets, our pj's), and sealed everthing we could in plastic trash bags. We had our dog with us and also threw the pet bed away. We took no chances! We informed the staff before we left (around 6:45 am). The lady was very understanding and offered a different kabin, (which we refused). Instead we requested and did recieve a full refund, no questions asked (which we found telling). Thank goodness we found the bugs before we got home and needless to say, we will not be staying in a Kamping Kabin again.

• Stayed: August 2009, traveled as a couple