All reviews outdoor pool great campground bath house deluxe cabin travel trailer bunk beds camp store big cove road mingo falls dog park rv sites labor day wi fi hot tub fire pit long weekend maggie valley
Reviewed March 30, 2012

I am writing this at 3:30am because I'm so frustrated with the awful stinch in this cabin. When we first arrived and checked in we thought it just needed to air out because it had been closed up for some time. But after visiting with friends and coming back to the cabin around 10pm the smell still lingered. I tried calling the front office but they were closed. We used an air freshener and almost a whole bottle of cologne trying to mask the smell. If it wasn't raining outside I would be in my sleeping bag laying in the grass. We have the cabin for another night and we definitely won't be staying another night.

• Stayed: March 2012
3  Thank Hightide199
Reviewed December 6, 2011

I'll preface my comments by saying that I'm a Guest Relations Case Manager for a major hotel chain and I've accepted that nothing in life is perfect. In my professional opinion, our stay here 02Dec-04Dec11 was great.

We were in Kottage 507 and the porch was right over Raven Fork River. It was well cleaned and stocked with fresh linens for both the bed and the Futon. The fireplace is propane based and turned on/off with a thermostat, which was helpful. The bedroom and bathroom have their own little heaters attached to the wall, these weren't working properly but still put out enough heat to warm the kottage. Our cable and internet service worked perfectly fine. The staff was friendly and helpful, as it was off season there were not many other guests.

Fishing in the trout ponds was fun, but our size 10 hooks were too small... lost a couple of fish 'cause they "jumped off" the hook at the last second. We tried homemade bait paste and marshmallows with no bites, but hooked several rainbow trout with mild-cheddar cheese.

Most things in Cherokee were closed for 'the season' but we didn't mind, had planned for a quiet, relaxing trip of fishing... and we got it :)

Room Tip: The Kottages have a great background sounds from Raven Fork... very soothing.
  • Stayed: December 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Laura R
Reviewed December 4, 2011

The cabins are super roomy with great decks. My family had 2 cabins next to eachother right on the creek. Each cabin had full size BBQ's on the deck. I just wanted to stay there all day. The playground was a dream for little kids. It was enormous. The pool was really really nice and there was a kiddy pool too. The snack bar served great food. All the activities you want are right there in the area - hiking, tubing, rafting. The Bar-B-Que Wagon in nearby Brycon City was really good.

Room Tip: Book really early and ask for the cabins on the creek!
  • Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank dpefine
Reviewed October 24, 2011

We stopped over at this KOA outside of Cherokee, NC - just on the edge of the Smoky Mountains National Park. It was a one night stay between Knoxville and the Blue Ridge Parkway in Asheville. Stayed in a Kabin - very clean and quiet. This campground is an RV park with pools and playground, camp store, trout pond. Tent spots are available, but don't expect much elbow room. The bath houses are fine.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank flinthead
Reviewed October 9, 2011

I spent the weekend in Kottage 510 and had a wonderful time. The kitchen was well equipped with toaster, coffee maker and any dishes you may need. Pots and pans were in good condition and plenty of paper products were left on hand. The river that runs in front of the kottage sounded wonderful. I do wish that the kottage areas had better/private fire rings with easier access from the front porch. The indoor pool was nice and clean. We spent the weekend here without kids but will definitely be bringing the kids/grandkids back.

Room Tip: Next time I would choose 512 because it's on the end and is more private.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple