All reviews outdoor pool great campground bath house deluxe cabin travel trailer bunk beds camp store big cove road mingo falls dog park rv sites labor day wi fi hot tub fire pit long weekend maggie valley
Reviewed November 24, 2010

Love campground! There is so much there to do with and without kids! It's beautiful there. Been there many times but this is the 1st time staying in the new cabins that have bathrooms and a kitchen in them. The cabin was much smaller than expected but we made do. Such a beautiful place!

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 19, 2010

Have come to KOA Cherokee 3 years in a row, chaperoning a group of young people from my church. There is plenty for the kids to do--indoor and outdoor pools, games. We especially love making s'mores over the campfire while we watch the movie under the stars on the outdoor screen. It is a beautiful location--along a river nestled between mountains. Just gorgeous in the fall during the leaf-changing season!

We always feel so welcome--the staff could not be more accommodating! I read someone else's review about bedbugs, so I inquired of the manager, whether this was a problem. He explained their chemical free method of eradicating all insects from the Kamper Kabins. I never saw a bug of any sort during our visit--not even a fly or mosquito!

Our cabins on the river were very clean and well equipped. We plan on coming back
year after year.

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed October 13, 2010

I took a group of teenage girls (16 people in all) to KOA in Cherokee, NC, last weekend. We had an amazing time. The staff was more than accomadating and the girls haven't stopped talking about it yet! The grounds were beautiful, the staff went out of their way to make sure we had everything we needed, and the food was great! The morning we left the restaurant manager opened up to cook breakfast just for us! We are already making plans to return in the spring but with more kids. I would like to thank the KOA staff for making this weekend the best it could possibly be. We will definately be back!

• Stayed: October 2010
Reviewed September 6, 2010

We started staying here on and off over 7 years ago. This is a good case of trying to maximize profit and ruining a good place. There were 3 fire rings within a 30 foot radius of my camper (not including my own). I literally had to shorten my dogs tie rope to less then 6 feet or her tail was in one of 2 fire pits, and the tree was in my site area. There is a cabin on every availuable place possible. Was told new owner brought in 5 more this past summer. The place is not getting any bigger, just crammed more tighter. The truck parked next to my camper had is door opened and I could barely walk between his door and my camper. The only people who now have creek access are the cab in dwellers on creek. I remember when the creek felt availuable to all. You can get to creek, but you will be standing 5 feet from people sitting on the front porch of their rented cabin or next to their picnic table. If you are claustrophobic this is not the place for you on a busy weekend, feels more like a over crowded trailer park then a camping trip.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
1  Thank alan331
Reviewed July 6, 2010

This was our second visit to the campground. On the plus sides, the amenities are nice and it's right on the river. The campsites are level and quite a few have shade trees. Some of the downsides... they apparently cannot keep up during peak times. Our last stay was over the 4th of July weekend. We experienced power outages and backed up sewer lines. We were told by one of our neighbors that he has been visiting this campground on the 4th of July for the past 10 years and every year, the power goes out. Luckily it wasn't very hot so the loss of power was not unbearable. There was also a church group taking up the entire back side of the campground. Unfortunately, they blocked most of the access to the river so we had to walk through their setups to get to the river. Overall, we had a nice time despite the minor setbacks.

• Stayed: July 2010