“For $113 I could have built a ramen noodle castle nicer than room #125!”

Fairfield Inn & Suites Cherokee
Ranked #6 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I wasn't very happy to see that on my initial search for Cherokee, NC that the highest rated hotel was 2 or maybe 2.5. I decided to be open minded and chose the "nicest" one that was right across from the Casino (about the only upside).
Let me be short and sweet about this.
PROS-
-Casino close by
-Front desk person was pleasant & helpful.
CONS-
-Smelled like a giant dust bunny was hiding in the closet. (very musky)
-Bed was uncomfortable and did not smell clean or fresh
-Shower curtain had mold on the inside
-Grout in the bathroom was white under the sink and ranged from brown to orange everywhere else
-Cracks in the walls
-Holes in wallpaper
-Caulking all over the corners of walls
-Carpet very dirty (did not walk without shoes)

Now I understand why Harrah's Casino Hotel is always booked up.

• Stayed: July 2009, traveled on business
2  Thank essenbee
There are newer reviews for Fairfield Inn & Suites Cherokee

Reviewed June 14, 2009

Fairfield typically offers a nice property - this one was poorly constructed. Noise from adjacent room was unbearable. One would expect a moderate degree of soundproofing in any hotel property - something obviously overlooked here. Consider staying here during off peak periods and asking for a secluded room with a vacant room next to you.
Convenient to Harrah's - across the street. Free wireless and deluxe continental breakfast. Nice patio area behind breakfast - lounge area. Staff was courteous and professional. There are many many lodging choices in Cherokee - many of which may offer quieter rooms.

• Stayed: June 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed February 17, 2009

This property is directly beside the Harrah's Casino and although we had a free room offer for an off site property (we weren't offered Fairfield as a choice), we chose to use our Marriott reward points for this stay. For 20,000 points, we were within a few footsteps of the casino and had a nice comfy bed with nice sheets and good pillows. Good shower pressure, thick towels, Pantene hair care and a mild soap. Walls were a little thin. The guy next door loved to push his snooze button every ten minutes for over an hour and we heard every single beep. There was no extra blanket and this would have been nice as there is no real "bedspread", just one of those decorative Throws at the foot of the bed. Room was very small, but we were not spending time there for anything but to sleep, so it was ok. The free breakfast was one of the best I have seen. Belgium Waffle stand, hard boiled eggs, cereal, Activia yogurt, coffee, juices, muffins, all fresh and presented well. Not enough tables, but no problem for me because I always use the coffee tray from the room and do a "to go" for my hubby and me. The hotel is a full non smoking facility. They have a nice indoor workout room and pool. I recommend this hotel for what it offered, the friendliness of the staff and the cleanliness of the rooms.

• Stayed: February 2009, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 3, 2009

We decided to drive to Cherokee on Wednesday afternoon (New Years Eve) which was a last minute decision and something I normally wouldn't do. Fairfield Inn was the first hotel we tried, they had "ONE" king suite left, Great- a little higher priced then we would normally pay for a place in Cherokee, ($149.99 per night) but I took it anyway due to the fact that I didn't have any reservations and the rest of the area hotels had completely full parking lots! (Surprise, Surprise it was New Years Eve)! Overall I would say this is probably the best hotel we have stayed at in Cherokee! Comfortable, clean, and across the road from Harrah's, The casino had a FANTASTIC New Years Eve celebration, so all in all we were very lucky to get such a NICE, CLEAN & COMFORTABLE accommodation especially considering not having any reservations.

• Stayed: December 2008, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 17, 2008

I've stayed at this Fairfield in Cherokee before and was apparently lucky those couple of times.

This stay was completely bad! We arrived on a Tuesday night around 6pm to check-in and the parking lot was empty. I requested a "quiet" room away from the road. Check-in was quick but we were assigned a room directly beside/behind the elevators (didn't I ask for quiet?). Upon entry into the room, it smelled like someone just pooped in it... literally like fesces. We tried to air it out but the smell never dissapated and there was no jetted tub as the website states. So we drug our luggage back downstairs and asked for another "quiet" room. This time lugging our stuff back to the 2nd floor we found we were assigned a room next to the mechanical closet, and once again, no jacuzzi tub in the room as I had reserved. I was pretty annoyed at that point. My husband said he really didn't feel like moving again so he wanted to make the best of it since it was cheap ($69).
Well I should of been more assertive with my hubby because I barely slept that night at all. I had to sleep with my head at the foot of the bed because of the loud, droning noise that was coming from the mechanical room next door. VERY annoying noise. The next morning when I got up, I went into the bathroom to find a baby roach on the bath mat. Yuk!!! Then when my husband tried to take a shower, the tub was clogged with gunk and wouldn't drain so while he bathed he got to stand in dirty water. He had to call for maintenance to come and unclog it. They didn't show for a while so my husband borrowed a plunger from the front desk but was unable to unclog it. Finally the maintenance guy showed up for work about 2 hours later and managed to fix it for us.

I complained about our experiences, but my complaints fell on the deaf ears of the morning, tattooed, front desk clerk who looked at me like I was an idiot. He gave no apologies. And my complaint card to the manager has gone unacknowledged.
Oh well... like I said, Never again!!!

• Stayed: November 2008, traveled with family
4  Thank melissa40
Reviewed August 2, 2008

To start off you must know that I check all the reviews of all the websites for hotels, before I book, so after reviewing I chose the Fairfield Inn. I must say, that yes the rooms are on the smaller side, but not tiny as some say. I was not in the room much anyway. We had a King room and it was extremely clean, which is most important to me and I check everything. The bathroom was spotless and spacious and the shower pressure was incredible (nice adjustable showerhead massage as well). Plenty of towels and comfortable bed, too. The breakfast was okay, nothing special, but something for everyone and the front desk staff was super nice and helpful. The location was the best part for getting to and from the casino. Walk out the door and across the street and you are THERE!! There is even a crosswalk at the light there too for added safety. Could not have been closer unless you stayed in the casino itself. Overall, would plan to go back there again and stay at the Fairfield, you won't be dissapointed.

• Stayed: July 2008, traveled as a couple
1  Thank nctory
Reviewed June 30, 2008

We called for availability and were told the cost per night.
We checked -in and the next morning when we checked -out
the rate was higher then had been quoted over the phone.
The bedspread was soiled both on the outside and inside.
Could not see that until the bedspread was turned-down at night.
Also, had red nail polish on the spread.
The breakfast was awful.
The yogurt was frozen solid and when we asked the
young lady (attendant) standing around the area about that,
she suggested we put it in the microwave!
We told the manager when we checked-out our complants,
but he was like, sorry.
We will never go back there again and would not recommend
this place to anyone!