“GREAT NEW TOWER,POOR BUFFET FOOD,WORK NEEDED ON OLD CASINO FLOOR”

Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed January 24, 2011

Slots Are Tight For a reason....they're remodeling, have to get the money from somewhre, I actually won more $ this trip than the last year and a half of trips to cherokee. Desperately need to improve on that fresh market buffet, food is horrible. Need to change menu completely. The day Paula Deen was there had to wait 45 min. to get a table when there was plenty of empty tables, at least 15-20. Need to have better plans when events are going on. Wanted to go to Paula Deen's kitchen, but it was booked solid the whole day...no waiting list or reservations were avail. The non-smoking area was not that at all, too many people taking puffs, need to be inforced more. Need to have a host section, like tunica for comp dinners, all that play and no return. New creek tower is about the best thing they could've done, need to renovate old rooms ASAP. I will be glad when the new buffet, ruth chris steakhouse and other options for dinner open soon along with the new walkthrough from the new tower to the casino.

Need Comp Alcoholic Beverages!!!!!!!!
Alot of work still need to be done

• Stayed: January 2011, traveled as a couple
Write a ReviewReviews (17,830)

Reviewed January 24, 2011

After many trips to the Casino I was finally offered some comped rooms at the hotel. They were week days but I had to jump on the offer. I stayed in the SoCo Tower in a Prem room for a Mon & Tues night at the beginning of January. The room was on the 9th floor. The ONLY main problem was the construction noise, it was unbareable at times. They start working at sun up and don't stop until sun down. Also the fire alarm went off one morning at 11:00, very annoying and for an unknown reason. The room itself was very nice. Had a nice king size bed with pull out couch and sitting area, whirlpool tub(didn't use), HD flatscreen tv and a mini-fridge. Room also had a coffee maker. Ice machine was out of order on our floor for the whole time I was there. Check in was easy at 1:00, got to go right to the room. Used the valet parking and didn't get my car until the day we left. Ate at Paula Deen's, just did a review for it, it's nothing special. Food options at Casino are limited right now. Ate a the Fresh Market Express the most, used my Total Rewards credits to pay for it. More options on the way in the future. Didn't hit anything big at the casino but my money did last longer than usual for me this time.

Reviewed January 24, 2011

After a very poor experience on 12/26 to Deans restaurant wrote to Darold Londo VP of Operations on 1/4/11 with details concerning food /service etc. While disappointed with Paula Deans even more with the lack of response from the person in charge. However, with the other write ups stating the same issues Mr. Londo seems to be telling us he does not want our business,

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with friends
1  Thank cherokeerip
Reviewed January 22, 2011

I've been to Harrah's Cherokee many times, only because it is within driving distance from my home. Am glad to see the improvements to the hotel and casino, however, the casino still does not compete in any way at all with Vegas, Louisiana or Mississippi casinos. They need more machines that are represented in casinos in those other places. And....when are they going to be allowed to use real cards???? I had dinner at the new Paula Deen restaurant and if I were Paula Deen, I wouldn't have my name on it. The food was terrible. The only saving grace to the dinner experience was that she and her entourage came in.

1  Thank 2bubbles
Reviewed January 22, 2011

We had the pleasure of staying in one of the new rooms. Very nice, spacious and clean. Slept great. Had problems connecting to the internet after pre-paying for use. After 2 hours, a Tech called us and finally we could use our computer. There was a charge of $1.00 for him to call us! What??? So they removed the charge at check out. Everyone at Hotel, Casino and Paula Deen's were very friendly and helpful. Casino messy and worst pay outs ever. Takes the fun out, if you can't get a little something back to keep on playing. Paula Deen's. The strobe alarm and voice was one for half our meal. Food was very good. Service was poor, tables too close together. Other, nicer areas did not appear to have servers to staff. Too bad they closed the other dinner restaurant. Much nicer atmosphere and missed the breakfast place where you had more choices for smaller breakfasts. Now it is all Paula Deen's. Flow of buffet area very poor and they kept running out of items, so people had to wait. Breakfast went better than dinner.

Reviewed January 21, 2011

I have visited your facility since it opened in 1997, but my last visit was not pleasant. Very disappointed in check-1n, we had reservations for around two months
and still our room was not ready. I was looking forward to Paula Deens resturant, it was awfull : food, wait time, buffet was laid out wrong, Our wait staff was the only thing good. The machines were so tight, it wasn't even fun. The old rooms need to be
updated, scratches on furniture which is wearing out. I also had french fries still on the floor from the last quest (I hope it was the last quest). We had eight in our party which usually travel together.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled with family
4  Thank Anderson_scPatron
Reviewed January 20, 2011

I agree with the other people that are tired of leaving big money at this so called casino! May as well open the door and throw your money down and leave!! No -----.

Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo