“Best place for a great time”

Harrah's Cherokee Hotel
Ranked #2 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed November 6, 2010

I have stayed at Harrah's Cherokee on many occasions and I have always had a great time I don't win on every trip but that is just the luck of the draw that is why it is called gambling. I have always had a good experience with customer service in the casino and in the hotel. Last December we were stranded due to the snow storm and they let us stay and made us feel very welcome. I dont understand all the negative reviews unless they are from sore losers. You just can't win everytime.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (18,276)

Reviewed November 1, 2010

This casino and hotel only appreciates people who are willing to loose a hundred thousand dollars. I offically gave them my last dollar on 10/31/2010. They probably don't care but I am going to give my money to someone who appreciates it.

Stayed: November 2010, traveled solo
Reviewed October 28, 2010

For my visit in October and previous visit in August, the slots were loose. Had to work at it but I won many jackpots - the biggest were $20K and $10K. This past weekend I won two $4K jackpots and three jackpots for $1250+.
I did notice the ventilation system is much better than it used to be, so they have obviously reworked it. I am extremely allergic to smoke, and was not bothered by it whatsoever.
The new casino area was very nice. Rooms were nice, clean, and smokefree. Beds were comfortable. Rooms were not luxurious, but worked very well.
As far as staffing, the slot staff is simply the best - and I gamble a lot all over the U.S. The wait staff in the casino is very accommodating, providing sodas, water, cofee continuously.
The cashiers, etc. are as good as anywhere - some are extremely helpful.
The buffet in the casino is simply too small, and the selection is not the best. One negative that stands out about the buffet is that everyone gets in one line, whether you want the food from that section of the buffet or not. At times, this causes an extreme delay.
The decor of the hotel common areas is extremely nice, and there are comfortable chairs for people to use who may be waiting for you. The exterior view from the hotel, and the stream between the hotel and casino is amazing.

Reviewed October 27, 2010

Several complaints about this place, will never return. Not upset about money loss, broke even. Pooooooor cust. service, poorly staffed, waited 20 min., for help with slots. Witnessed, and assisted patron having cardiac arrest.......NO EMT ON CALL!!!!!!!! Patron was sitting at slots, "EMT quit last week" per casino employee. A room full of senior folks an this HUGE Casino has no medical plan! If you value your money and your life, avoid this place. Very poorly kept slots, and air quaility this poorest I have ever seen.
Have gone to Atlantic City, Vegas, La, and have never seen such poor treatment of guest.

Reviewed October 26, 2010

First time at Cherokee and after reading reviews I was apprehensive. We stayed two nights and had a wonderful experience! Loved the casino - absolutely no smoke problems at all, so I don't know where all those negative reviewers came from. My only problem was the long walk from our room to the casino - wish I could've gotten a room closer. Room was clean and comfortable, staff was very friendly. Would have preferred free drinks but beverages were easily located, video poker bars were available and even paid off a bit.............overall - I would go back in a heartbeat!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Hotel is fine, but customer service in the casino sucks. Tuesday morning, October 19th, I put a twenty dollar bill into a video poker machine(my wife was sitting right beside me and saw me insert the money). The machine did nothing(no credits) just took my money. I located a slot attendant, and she opened the machine and saw nothing. She called another attendant, and several attendants and "so called supervisors" came over. The attendant pulled up a screen on the machine and it showed my money being inserted. She said it had to be in the stacker because it had just been changed, so some other supervisor had to come and take care of it. While we waited on him, the other attendants and supervisors were just laughing and talking and had total dis-regard for my feelings. By the time the other supervisor got there and found my money in the stacker, a half hour had passed. I just thought everyone involved was very un-professional and I will probably never go back. We go to Vegas at least once every year(most recently Sept. 6-11) and stay at Caesar's Palace and have never been treated like we were in Cherokee.

2  Thank RogerNorthCarolina
Reviewed October 21, 2010

Have been to Cherokee several times and really enjoy it....BUT Harrah's makes offers then the answer is always NO, sorry can't offer that to you this time. I understand some people rank over others but all the time?? So then just offer the specials to them!
The new upgrade of the place looks GREAT but some stuff needs to be reconsidered. Like the NEW Concert area...what a joke! They expect you to STAND during a 2 or 3 hour show??? That was not enjoyable at all! They kept saying that the concert was SOLD OUT! But all I could see were empty seats on the upper levels! Then now you have to deal with Ticket Master to buy tickets for concerts....I would much rather deal with Harrahs for my tickets, then if something is not right work it out right then and not be told Sorry, you have to contact Ticket Master. Alittle more attention needs to be placed on the Hotel also, just getting run down and doesn't seem like they care. Just get all the New stuff done first. What employees I do come in contact with are just as nice and friendly but I think they are spread alittle thin. I will continue to visit Cherokee but with fewer visits
during the year. It was just so much more fun at the beginning and to me it shows that all they really care about now is your $$$$$ coming in. I really hate to see it that way!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends