“Dont go here”

GreenLeadersSilver level
US
“Dont go here”
Reviewed August 30, 2010

I live 3 hours away so I used to got few times a year. You really never could win big here but now it is a joke. Went threw $500 in hour and did not win anything no play at all.I have never had so many people around me at a casino pissed off at how tight the slots are.Also good luck at getting a room we have tried for years to stay here and all I can say good luck ! I went to check in and asked about a room and of course no rooms but while me and my wife were talking it over a guy walked up and asked about a room and he said he was diamond card and the girl said yes we have a room. WTF ?

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Affliction1010

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,793)
  • Korean first
Stratford, Connecticut
Reviewed August 29, 2010

We went to this casino/hotel with some trepidation because of some of the negative reviews and found none of them applied to our stay. The casino was not overly smoky yet the place was amazingly crowded compared to what it is like in Caesars and Ballys in Atlantic City. The room where we stayed was very spacious. We stayed two nights and ate in the hotel on both nights. The non-slot gaming was all electronic. Blackjack was played at a table with a "dealer" but all she did was press buttons to "deal" the cards. I would never play electronic blackjack because you don't know if you are getting true odds. Something unheard of in casinos is that there were couches and rocking chairs near the casino where you could relax and people watch. The stay was enjoyable.

Wilkesboro, North Carolina
Reviewed August 23, 2010

This hotel is not what it used to be. Yes they are currently under renovation and I hope once the new tower is built, they will update the current rooms they have. The definitely need it. The bathroom was not as clean as it should have been. I won't complain much since the room is comped but I wouldn't pay over $75 a night in its present condition. The casino is so tight. It looks like the only way to win is to bet everything you got each time but I would say you still come away losing. I don't expect to win like I would in Las Vegas or Atlantic City but I would hope to win over $20 sometimes. The penny and nickle machines are a joke. You might as well play the quarter or dollar machines as you end up having to bet a $1.00 each time to have a chance of winning. I will continue to go to earn credits to go to New Orleans and to support the tribe but they are the only reasons. I do think once they get done with the renovation it will be a nice hotel for the Cherokee area but they really need to loosen the machines and let the ones that earn credits for comp rooms be able to book rooms over the internet at the last minute instead of saying they're full when they're not.

Dixieland
Reviewed August 22, 2010

I love this hotel but I have never heard so many negative comments about a casino than I have until after reading about this one. I do agree that the machine don't seem to be as loose as other casino i've traveled to and just wonder how long people will keep coming if things continue as they are now. Looks like with all the renovations and millions of dollars spent, they might think about keeping people happier with the payouts so they will keep returning

North Carolina
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Tight is not the word for the machines. And the drawings that they have out ther all seem to go to GA people, 90% of the people are from NC but the drawings always go to GA mainly and then to SC or TN very, very few go to NC people. I just wish that they had some compitation. I win better in Atlantic City, Tunica, Vegas or Biloxi, but Cherokee is just and hour away. And if your a Diamond member is does matter even at the entrance that say Diamond others go throught there also. Cherokee doesn't care. I gret lot better treatment in other places and can always get a comp in other places but you have to go weeks before you can get one at Cherokee even with the offer they send you. We have been going to Cherokee for 12 1/2 years and each year they get tighter and tighter. I't no fun to go any more

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
conway sc
Reviewed August 20, 2010

I love going to Cherokee and playing the slots. Live 6 hours away and the coupons they send to me as a diamond player is a joke $30 which is a insult considering the amount of money and play time that I do. I have played like 36- 42 without going to bed many times. Now the slots will not even allow you to keep playing much less give you a jackpot. I will say that the rooms are nice and with the money and play time that I do I get a comp room and never have to pay for food, which is great because the slots just eat up my money. The new extended casino is very nice and comfortable chairs for playing slots. They should appreciate the diamond players and treat us better with better coupons to make the 6 hour drive along with gas worth our time. I could go much more often with a little help from promotions for better cash coupons for play. Machines are very tight so the comp room and food are really not free at all.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
11 Thank carolinagirlConwaySC
myrtle beach
Reviewed August 19, 2010

The slots are way to tight. The valet way to high. The beer to high. The new machines are nice but if you can not win even just enough just to play a little it get old. you do not have enough help. A lot of the machines would not take bills. We really like coming but it getting old not winning.

4 Thank redjeep62