“tight,tight,tight” 4 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersSilver level
North Carolina
“tight,tight,tight”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 22, 2010

Tight is not the word for the machines. And the drawings that they have out ther all seem to go to GA people, 90% of the people are from NC but the drawings always go to GA mainly and then to SC or TN very, very few go to NC people. I just wish that they had some compitation. I win better in Atlantic City, Tunica, Vegas or Biloxi, but Cherokee is just and hour away. And if your a Diamond member is does matter even at the entrance that say Diamond others go throught there also. Cherokee doesn't care. I gret lot better treatment in other places and can always get a comp in other places but you have to go weeks before you can get one at Cherokee even with the offer they send you. We have been going to Cherokee for 12 1/2 years and each year they get tighter and tighter. I't no fun to go any more

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,428)
  • Korean first
conway sc
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2010

I love going to Cherokee and playing the slots. Live 6 hours away and the coupons they send to me as a diamond player is a joke $30 which is a insult considering the amount of money and play time that I do. I have played like 36- 42 without going to bed many times. Now the slots will not even allow you to keep playing much less give you a jackpot. I will say that the rooms are nice and with the money and play time that I do I get a comp room and never have to pay for food, which is great because the slots just eat up my money. The new extended casino is very nice and comfortable chairs for playing slots. They should appreciate the diamond players and treat us better with better coupons to make the 6 hour drive along with gas worth our time. I could go much more often with a little help from promotions for better cash coupons for play. Machines are very tight so the comp room and food are really not free at all.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
11 Thank carolinagirlConwaySC
myrtle beach
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

The slots are way to tight. The valet way to high. The beer to high. The new machines are nice but if you can not win even just enough just to play a little it get old. you do not have enough help. A lot of the machines would not take bills. We really like coming but it getting old not winning.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
4 Thank redjeep62
Grayson, GA
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2010

They are currently under construction on the hotel/casino so the building is a little chaotic in some places. We parked in the parking deck and had some difficulty finding suitable handicapped parking. I assume this will be rectified once all the construction is done.

When we went inside the desk for the players club was immediately in front of us. The line for the players club was a breeze and we didn't have to wait long. The codes and system for comps they use is bizzare and difficult to understand.

The hotel looks very nice and the casino floor reminds me of the Hard Rock in Biloxi a little. I'm looking forward to going back to see what it looks like once its completed.

The casino has been redesigned completely and they have added alot of new machines. They still do not have any actual cards so all the games and tables have video card decks only. I liked the variety of machines they had although I would certainly have to complain about the fact that we played alot and didn't seem to hit as much as I have at other casinos. I would like to see them loosen the machines up a bit although I'm sure its harder to pay for new buildings that way.

We had lunch at the "cafe" next to the market buffet and it was AWFUL. They only offer quick foods like pizza, hot dogs, sandwiches and hamburgers. The bread on the sandwiches was spongy and crumbled. Not good.

For dinner we ate at the "Creek" restaurant upstairs near the hotel entrance. I got a few dollars off this with mystery comps but still came out at about twenty dollars per person. It was a buffet style dinner and everything I had was very good including salmon, prime rib and desserts.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank bulletproofsgt
Columbia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 18, 2010

It is a no brainer that they have tightened their machines to help pay for the $685 million upgrades. I have been twice in the past two months and the same thing...little play time for lots of money lost. I never go into a casino expecting to win big...or really win at all. But at Harrah's Cherokee you really don't get much play time for your buck. I mean bankroll only last a fraction of what it lasts at all the other casinos I have played at nation wide. I love the new look and expansion of the casino floor. Tons of new slots. I played several games with winning not ONE credit. I mean not one. I have never seen 20's and 100's go so fast. It is awful! I have never been to a casino where I overheard so many people talk about how terrible their payouts are. You may have a beautiful casino, but if nobody is winning, are you going to have repeat customers. I have been loyal to Cherokee, but after this last visit, it will be a very long time before I return, or if I ever return. Payouts are much better in Tunica, Atlantic City or even Biloxi. If you are a real gambler, take your business to another casino where they drinks are free, they have real dealers and you have a better chance of winning just a little something.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
7 Thank scdude10
North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

I Recently took a trip to Cherokee and could not get a room. I have stayed and played with no problems at many other Harrahs resorts and never had trouble getting a room even if it wasn't comped. THe machines take nothing under a five dollar bill and a great deal of them wouldn't work. Please don't expect to win because you will be disappointed.Thank goodness there is a lot of other things to do and see because you can't afford to play in this casino for a long period of time. I would really like to know who regulates this casino. The staff was alright but they need lessons on how to treat their patrons. My husband and I ate at the buffett at around 3:30 in the afternoon however, the buffett was empty and the staff behind the bar were very rude. Our server kept telling us how sorry he was and while he tried to help it did very little good. I also became quite sick after eating. I would recommend going down the street to eat. Both my husband and myself are undecided as to whether we will return or not and unless they get better we will more then likely return to Las Vegas where they know how to treat their guests even the gold cards.

Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank farafrus
Lexington
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 14, 2010

Just returned from a "girls" trip to Cherokee. We go to Cherokee several times a year and have always enjoyed the Selu Restaurant, both for breakfast and dinner. We went down for dinner this time and found it closed, but replaced with a buffet restaurant. The buffet charge was $18, with additional charges for ribs and steak of $6. The food on the buffet was very good but what normal woman eats $18 worth of food on a buffet? We were told they are converting to a Paula Deen Restaurant and the one we ate in was temporary, until December. I'm sure a Paula Deen Restaurant will be good but they have taken away the best thing Cherokee had to offer!! At least you could get a very good meal at a reasonable price, after losing all your money in the casino! I've never seen the machines so tight. Very few winners!! The hotel staff and rooms continue to be wonderful but please bring back the Selu!!

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends