“Check your room!!!!”

GreenLeadersSilver level
east tn
“Check your room!!!!”
Reviewed June 23, 2010

I have had the opportunity to stay at this hotel several times. Upon arrival it was under constrution which was understood to hopefully help with the huge amount of people that visit this hotel. We were able to check in immediately and went to our room. I did not notice anything out of the ordinary but after looking at our beds more closely and turning one of the pillows over there was blood on one of the pillows!!!!!!yuk!!!!! not sure when the last time our beds were changed but this was totally unexceptable. We were given the opportunity to change rooms or have housekeeping change our beds, well of course we changed rooms. After changing rooms as I was taking a shower I looked at our bath towels and there were brown stains on one of our bath towels. I have never had such a bad experience at a hotel. This was not the level of cleanliness I would expect and will not be going back. Please check your room.

• Stayed June 2010, traveled with family
2 Thank ctrygirl5344

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3,793)
  • Korean first
Cartersville
Reviewed June 12, 2010

My husband and I travel to Harrah's a few times a year for a quick fix and getaway. The property is under renovation/expansion, so be aware of that when you go. It is not visually appealing at this time, but I can certainly see it will be once they are done!
The desk clerks are always friendly and helpful and the rooms are the best! Very large, liveable and clean. They've replaced the jacuzzi tubs with soaking tubs much to my delight and everything in the room worked well.
We always eat breakfast and lunch at Selu's Cafe but we splurged for dinner at Sycamore's and we're glad we did! We had eaten there years ago and were really disappointed in the quality of food for the price, so we hadn't been back. This time the staff was wonderful, the food really, really good and the atmosphere relaxed and upscale. Very nice and with drinks, wine, appetizer and meals we only spent around $80. Great deal!
The casino has moved the non-smoking area (YAY) and expanded it. It has many machines, and a great smoke free environment. Unfortunately, it didn't seem very well attended - 80% of the games had the "service" lights on. Made it feel a bit forlorn. But I still managed to spend all my money there and have a great time!
The regular casino is as smoke-filled as ever. No new machines that I could tell and the overall maintenance of some of the machines and areas was just plain bad. Machines were missing buttons, and some of the wheels were hard to see because the glass (plastic) fronts were so hazy with a smoky film. Some of the staff were very friendly and pleasant but some just surly. I really don't like the whole atmosphere in the main area - and this was on a Wednesday - the weekends must be awful! Maybe they are waiting for the renovation to be complete to update the casino?
We will be back for sure to explore the changes and eventually enjoy that new spa that is coming!

• Stayed June 2010, traveled as a couple
KODAK
Reviewed June 3, 2010

Not sure how much you are required to lose at this casino before you can actually use one of the comp rooms you are solicted to call for.
I am a diamond player, I receive monthly/weekly offers from Harrahs Cherokee for free rooms/cash/food. I have called numerous times to book the free rooms- not once has it been available. I even tryed to book a room in May for the end of Sept the usual response "not available at this time " Call back when it gets closer. When you call back of course you will get "you should have made your reservations sooner, we are sold out now " For a casino with tightest machines I have ever seen, they should be more accomodating on the rooms.
I get very agrivated by the dangling carrot and have asked to be left off the mailing list for the free rooms. They still arrive regularly and sometimes I fall for it and call and get aggrivated again.
If you are looking for a casino that will give you a comp room and let you win at least some of your money back head to Indiana (Beleterra.Hollywood,Grand Victoria) or to Mississippi (Biloxi or Tunica) Much better payout, comp rooms/food All around a better deal.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with friends
8 Thank slotplayer424
East TN
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Airfare has gotten too high, so a trip over the mountain to Cherokee was in order. Went on a Monday for a 1 night stay.

Valet parking was the quick and easy way to go. Check in was effortless, received a room on the 15th floor. Room was very clean, on par or better than many of the rooms in Vegas. Saw lots of construction from my window, but did not hear any of it.

The casino has been enlarged and now cocktails are served, for a fee. The machines played, I had no big wins and if I had left Tuesday am instead of going back to the casino, I would have broken even. Still left with some of my back roll intact. I did see people hitting jackpots, so they are playing. All you complainers...it's called gambling for a reason!!!

Everyone associated with the hotel and casino was friendly and helpful. Security even found my cell phone and returned it to me.

I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank CatbirdEastTN
ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2010

this hotel is my favorite, I have been to several casinos, and by far this is a four star resort. You can just relax on the porch area and listen to the running streams, or go to the casino area, what a place. It is growing to what looks to be a HUGE resort, I cant wait to go back, I only visit in May and Oct. live up north.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Been going to Cherokee for about three years now. Win occassionally but mostly lose. Did not realize how tight the slots were at Cherokee until I played another casino. I was waiting for the bus to take me from my car to the casino. A couple of employees were there to go to work. I found out from them that they gamble at Shorter Alabama, VictoryLand and the said they have really good luck there. Well the next weekend I made the trip to VictoryLand and was amazed at how well the slots pay there. I think of all the times that I walked away empty handed at Cherokee. Or played machine after machine and not winning and losing my money quickly. And riding the gambling bus back to your car is not a happy trip. A lot of complaining from people who lost their money. And in the casino is a real bummer with unhappy gamblers . And if you want to win big there you have to play big. But playing big will eat up you bank roll fast if you can't find a hot machine. Thanks for the tip employees and I will be spending my gambling time in Shorter Alabama from now on.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Curt103
Clearwater
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Have been going to Harrah's Cherokee since they opened. All staff in the hotel and casino are very friendly and attentive. Always have a very comfortable room and clean. Traveling along, I feel very safe there. Can hardly wait until my next visit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo