“Not Vegas, But Good For A Quick Fix”

Harrah's Cherokee Casino Resort
Ranked #1 of 28 Hotels in Cherokee
GreenLeadersSilver level
East TN
“Not Vegas, But Good For A Quick Fix”
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Airfare has gotten too high, so a trip over the mountain to Cherokee was in order. Went on a Monday for a 1 night stay.

Valet parking was the quick and easy way to go. Check in was effortless, received a room on the 15th floor. Room was very clean, on par or better than many of the rooms in Vegas. Saw lots of construction from my window, but did not hear any of it.

The casino has been enlarged and now cocktails are served, for a fee. The machines played, I had no big wins and if I had left Tuesday am instead of going back to the casino, I would have broken even. Still left with some of my back roll intact. I did see people hitting jackpots, so they are playing. All you complainers...it's called gambling for a reason!!!

Everyone associated with the hotel and casino was friendly and helpful. Security even found my cell phone and returned it to me.

I'll definitely go back.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled solo
2 Thank CatbirdEastTN

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (4,141)
  • Korean first
ohio
Reviewed May 13, 2010

this hotel is my favorite, I have been to several casinos, and by far this is a four star resort. You can just relax on the porch area and listen to the running streams, or go to the casino area, what a place. It is growing to what looks to be a HUGE resort, I cant wait to go back, I only visit in May and Oct. live up north.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled as a couple
Blairsville, Georgia
Reviewed April 28, 2010

Been going to Cherokee for about three years now. Win occassionally but mostly lose. Did not realize how tight the slots were at Cherokee until I played another casino. I was waiting for the bus to take me from my car to the casino. A couple of employees were there to go to work. I found out from them that they gamble at Shorter Alabama, VictoryLand and the said they have really good luck there. Well the next weekend I made the trip to VictoryLand and was amazed at how well the slots pay there. I think of all the times that I walked away empty handed at Cherokee. Or played machine after machine and not winning and losing my money quickly. And riding the gambling bus back to your car is not a happy trip. A lot of complaining from people who lost their money. And in the casino is a real bummer with unhappy gamblers . And if you want to win big there you have to play big. But playing big will eat up you bank roll fast if you can't find a hot machine. Thanks for the tip employees and I will be spending my gambling time in Shorter Alabama from now on.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
3 Thank Curt103
Clearwater
Reviewed April 21, 2010

Have been going to Harrah's Cherokee since they opened. All staff in the hotel and casino are very friendly and attentive. Always have a very comfortable room and clean. Traveling along, I feel very safe there. Can hardly wait until my next visit.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
NC
Reviewed April 18, 2010

My husband and I travel to Cherokee often and will have to say on the weekend april, 9th and 10th we have never seen as many hand pays that were happening that weekend. Our room was fine. We hit a little right before we left on that Sunday. I don't understand how some can get a room and some can't. We have never had that problem. I always use my host to get us a room. The smoke in the casino was not that bad this time. All in all I give it a big thumbs up.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
Charlotte, NC
Reviewed April 15, 2010

This is not the first time we have been to this casino and it won't be the last. Althought the slots are tighter then I have ever seen them, we had a great time. The buffet was great but I can't say the same for the same for the Selu Garden Cafe. The food we got there was very bland even after adding salt and pepper to it. Will not stop in there for breakfast before we leave again. The staff was even better then ever, helping us get the wheelchair in and out of the van and getting us to our room. The front desk was great.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled as a couple
south carolina
Reviewed April 11, 2010

we had a wounderfull time the room was very nice .The bed was very conforntable .The food at buffet was very good .in room coffee was nice they even brought more for us coffee drinkers .The only things I could say bad was that the bathroom floor was not clean around the walls . The wall in the tolite area needed some cleaning I think it had been forgoten many times.wish they would have given us enough towles for the people in the room .The jack hammer was anoying at 630 am .I think that e-net should be free not a charge of 12.00 a day. over all I think it was a very nice place to stay.we will stay again thank you harrahs for a great time.

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends